5 replies to this topic

#1 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 01:42 PM

I just finished resizing some brand new 222 Remington Mag brass to 6x47 for the rifle I am having built. It was the first time I have "made" any thing and it was a lot easier than I expected. Next I need to just debur the flash holes and uniform the primer pocket before trimming them down on Giraud case trimmer. If I can get through all my honey-do's and homework I will get some loaded up this weekend.

#2 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, camping, scuba diving, American Revolution living history, fishing, ham radio.

Posted 23 March 2007 - 02:14 PM

Congrats man! That's great! My hat's off to you. I wouldn't even know where to start on something like that.Jason

#3 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 02:17 PM

It's a whole lot simpler than it sounds ( to me atleast as a NEW-Be). I just basically was resizing the brass from a .224 to a .243 to allow the 6mm bullets to be seated. My rifle should be done some time next month. I will have pictures when it's all finished up and ready to roll. And thanks!

#4 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 23 March 2007 - 05:04 PM

Ditto Jason, Heath, and my hat is off to you too... Sounds like a great project that you're truely enjoying and good for you. Keep us posted on your progress...Frank

#5 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 10:40 PM

Thanks, Frank. It is my first custom job and I am pretty excited. I am even going so far as to have a left hand thumb hole stock made for it. It's getting a brake and a Shilen barrel on a mini Mauser action. I still need to come up with some good rings and bases for this thing, though. No one seems to make them! :roflmao3[1]:

#6 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 24 March 2007 - 07:47 AM

Sounds like a great project gun. Keep us posted on your progress. Those small 6 MMs usually shoot really well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users