• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 16 March 2007 - 05:16 PM

Well, I went down to the gunshop the other day and ordered a stainless ruger black hawk in 45 colt with a 4 5/8ths barrel. I already have a blued version in 357 and haven't had much luck finding a crossdraw holster for it. The models I've found have been for longer barreled pistols. I've found many cowboy style rigs that have a hammer thong but I want a strap with a snap to keep it secure. Those thongs are a pain if you have to put your rig to work in a hurry. Anybody have any ideas? Oh, and it has to be leather.

#2 Stan

Stan

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 10:05 PM

You can contact John Bianchi he did my cowboy rig came out real nice and I'm sure he could make you what you wanthttp://www.frontiergunleather.com/(877) 877-4704 P.O. Box 2038Rancho Mirage, CA 92270

#3 outdoorsguy29

outdoorsguy29

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:30 AM

You neglect to say what company's you've looked at. I saw some at El Paso Saddlery. You could also try Galco. Those are the one's that come to mind at the moment.

#4 rabiddog

rabiddog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 06:49 PM

have you looked at kirkpatrick?of course my ruger 45 colt is a 7 1/2" barrel but they have or at least had a wide line of holsters.bought a crossdraw for hunting cause i can position it outta the way if i am doin the deed of a buck or yote in the field.its a very durable cross draw thick leather and high quality.

#5 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 08:07 PM

RD, I also have a Ruger .45 with the long barrel. I've been looking for a better holster than my sholder nylon version I bought. Good for running the brush for hogs, but looking for something diff. Thanks.

#6 rabiddog

rabiddog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 08:18 PM

yup i bought my cross draw for hunting and it works pretty good fairly comphy as well, think i paid 275.00 for it new, kinda spendy but worth it to me.

#7 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 12:55 PM

I bought one of these for $20., stripped off the belt and wear it cross draw w/ my .40 cal. Glock 22. It works. http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item518db28e07

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users