• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 16 March 2007 - 05:16 PM

Well, I went down to the gunshop the other day and ordered a stainless ruger black hawk in 45 colt with a 4 5/8ths barrel. I already have a blued version in 357 and haven't had much luck finding a crossdraw holster for it. The models I've found have been for longer barreled pistols. I've found many cowboy style rigs that have a hammer thong but I want a strap with a snap to keep it secure. Those thongs are a pain if you have to put your rig to work in a hurry. Anybody have any ideas? Oh, and it has to be leather.
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#2 Stan

Stan

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 10:05 PM

You can contact John Bianchi he did my cowboy rig came out real nice and I'm sure he could make you what you wanthttp://www.frontiergunleather.com/(877) 877-4704 P.O. Box 2038Rancho Mirage, CA 92270

#3 outdoorsguy29

outdoorsguy29

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:30 AM

You neglect to say what company's you've looked at. I saw some at El Paso Saddlery. You could also try Galco. Those are the one's that come to mind at the moment.

#4 rabiddog

rabiddog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 06:49 PM

have you looked at kirkpatrick?of course my ruger 45 colt is a 7 1/2" barrel but they have or at least had a wide line of holsters.bought a crossdraw for hunting cause i can position it outta the way if i am doin the deed of a buck or yote in the field.its a very durable cross draw thick leather and high quality.
HISTORY, IN GENERAL,ONLY INFORMS US OF WHAT BAD GOVERNMENT IS. THOMAS JEFFERSONANYONE WHO TRADES LIBERTY FOR SECURITY DESERVES NEITHER LIBERTY OR SECURITY. BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

#5 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 08:07 PM

RD, I also have a Ruger .45 with the long barrel. I've been looking for a better holster than my sholder nylon version I bought. Good for running the brush for hogs, but looking for something diff. Thanks.
Mac Daddy"Lock, Stock and Two Smokin' Barrels"

#6 rabiddog

rabiddog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 08:18 PM

yup i bought my cross draw for hunting and it works pretty good fairly comphy as well, think i paid 275.00 for it new, kinda spendy but worth it to me.
HISTORY, IN GENERAL,ONLY INFORMS US OF WHAT BAD GOVERNMENT IS. THOMAS JEFFERSONANYONE WHO TRADES LIBERTY FOR SECURITY DESERVES NEITHER LIBERTY OR SECURITY. BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

#7 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 12:55 PM

I bought one of these for $20., stripped off the belt and wear it cross draw w/ my .40 cal. Glock 22. It works. http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item518db28e07

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users