• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#1 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 10 March 2007 - 11:04 AM

We took this pic to send into polaris.. They should pay us for endorsing their product LOL.. My sons Outlaw is the sporty looking one in the middle Not worth a hoot for hunting, but man its sure fast and fun...Attached File  1.jpg   16.24KB   21 downloads

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,664 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 10 March 2007 - 11:56 AM

It looks like you own a dealership! :)

#3 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 10 March 2007 - 08:06 PM

Oh I know... Then of course to haul all these toys we had to get a big ole toy hauler and build a rack on the bed of the truck to haul 2 more.. Pathetic what we do to hunt aint it LOL..

#4 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 08:48 PM

Hey, I can store one of those down here in SoCal for you!

#5 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 01:10 PM

You should see the looks I get driving across base with my yotes! At least I won't get stuck anymore.Attached File  a1.JPG   68.28KB   162 downloadsAttached File  a2.JPG   93.83KB   148 downloadsAttached File  a3.JPG   116.38KB   152 downloads

#6 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 04:33 PM

LMAO your coyotes look like they are chewing on your rack..

#7 SpotandStalk

SpotandStalk

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Interests:Hunting of all types, 3D-Archery and Sporting Clays.

Posted 19 March 2007 - 12:05 AM

CHuntress,Is that a yellow deer crossing sign in the upper right hand corner of the photo?S&S

#8 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 10:21 PM

LMAO yes it is... Its literally right at my driveway and no its not my sign..Its a county sign LOL...

#9 coyotekiller

coyotekiller

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 11:48 AM

i think you need to buy some more :signgreatreport3kg:

#10 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 03:59 PM

i think you need to buy some more :signgreatreport3kg:

So does my husband.. Now he is are talking we have to buy the new Razor.. I swear it never ends If we get one Ill post pics LOL.. Hey how many people do you know that gets dealer parts and accesories books given to them, you know the one the dealer uses to order stuff??? Yes the smart a$$ at the Polaris shop gave us a dang book.. He smiled as he handed it to me. He said this way we can just browse thru it and call him when we want to order something.. I didnt know whether to say Gee Thanks or smack him upside his head...

#11 JeepMan5

JeepMan5

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Guns, Tattoos, Women, and 4X4s

Posted 20 July 2007 - 05:35 PM

I would say do both say thanks and then smack him up side his head.

#12 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,664 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 20 July 2007 - 05:40 PM

I second Jeepman's comment! Make sure you smack him hard too. :signgreatreport3kg:

#13 huntnsurf

huntnsurf

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, surfing,fishing,sports,target shooting,reloading,camping

Posted 20 July 2007 - 09:37 PM

Check out my rig, The first pic it has a 7" lift with 33" tires 4.56 gears and locker. The second is preety much stock its a whole different jeep with the mods.Attached File  1.jpg   22.67KB   17 downloadsAttached File  2.jpg   27.27KB   14 downloads

#14 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 10:57 AM

That's a nice buck..make sure you don't cook him on the hood! LOLCH..very nice rigs...I'd wait and hold off before ya smack the dealer upside the head...he may offer you guys some good discounts! LOL

#15 DEERSLAM

DEERSLAM

Hunting 365 days a year...in my mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Interests:Family and hunting

Posted 23 July 2007 - 12:36 PM

That's an awful nice buck there huntnsurf and some open lookin country.

#16 huntnsurf

huntnsurf

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, surfing,fishing,sports,target shooting,reloading,camping

Posted 23 July 2007 - 01:19 PM

Thanks guys thats my first ever Buck only hunted deer twice before. Last year I spent alot of time in that area and sighted quit a few bucks, but on opeing day and ran into this one first light. That same morning two other bucks shot in the same area. I also tracked two more with my buddy but we could never get a good shot. I hope this year is as good.

#17 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 10:45 PM

Nice buck... You shoot that here in Calif?? Cute Jeep too :flag:

#18 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 04:55 PM

I like the buck too nice rack. The first jeep pic do you have a SOA done to it.Are you running stock axles?

#19 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 06:43 PM

Nice looking Buck and Jeep. :smiley-funny-post-sign:

#20 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 06:04 AM

Well huntress looks like we can agree on something we both like jeeps.Posted Image............Duramax is better <_<

#21 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 04 August 2007 - 10:58 AM

That's why I have both the Duramax AND the offroad rig... (No, my Blazer isn't a Jeep. It's just cheaper, roomier, taller, more comfortable, and has a V8 under the hood!) <_<

#22 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 11:02 AM

lilwes278 you need to get a rack to hual your yotes. HS too. <_<

#23 MojaveJ

MojaveJ

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing

Posted 04 August 2007 - 02:09 PM

Sorry for all of you Duramax owners but my stock powerchoke will flatlly out pull you stock for stock on a hill. Been there done that with my old boss's brand new sierra. I was pulling my 26ft wanderer and he was pulling his 19ft toy box. Maybe he wasn't pushing it hard but he was not happy when we topped the hill and pulled over. I didn't run away but was slowly moving away from him. Oh and mine has the old 7.3 in it.

#24 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 04 August 2007 - 09:30 PM

Um, sure, ok. Whatever makes you sleep better at night... :signlol2iu: At least you aren't running the 6.0 though. The only thing I give F*rd credit for is they still use the good old reliable straight axle/leaf spring front suspension. As soon as the warranty is up on my '05, the IFS is getting torched off and a Dana 60 is going up front along with a 4" lift.

#25 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 06:55 AM

Weve passed more chevys and dodges than you can count when we pull our toy hauler.. (its 36 ft long and really tall) And let me tell you running up a steep grade there is no comparison.. Actually the 7.3 was a great engine! It would just go and go and go... Heck you cant hardly blow them things up LOL The 6.0s do have head gasket issues due to the head bolts, but once these things are out of warranty hubby is putting studs in :smiley_kewlpics: It is SOOOO nice having a deisel mech in the house LOL.. The other thing I like about the ford is that the inside is way nice and roomy and their version of loaded is LOADED... We went and looked at the Dodge, cuz they had a special - brand new full loaded truck for 34K.. SO we went to take a peek.. THeir idea of fully loaded is a joke.. IM talking bare necessities.. And I didnt like the way the whole front end dumps off either, feels like your driving a van..Over all I really didnt like the feel of the truck at all.. Oh and the 34K... HA that was one of those switch and bait BS gimmicks. they wanted 43K and the interest rate was not flexible at all.. We have good credit, Normally I want something, I go get it, and bring it home with low payments etc.. Not with Dodge. They wanted over 800 a month on a 43K truck.. Now mind you we pay less than that on a 53K truck... They offer the worst interest rates.. Best they could do was 7% LOL.. Heck it would have been cheaper to put it on my credit card LOL.. Chevy seems to get the idea of what loaded means, but I dont like the lack of power. Also really dont like the body style and over all looks. Anyone see in the latest issue of Diesel power, there is a Bronco- Its deisel and way cool , all tricked out.. Hey Shoot-it- We have a 44 willys flat fender :signlol2iu: Hubbys has had it since he was a kid, now its a project that is sitting quietly behind the shed.. My son wants to fix it up.. We shall see. LOL..

#26 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 09:13 AM

2007 Ford 6.0 liter Powerstroke- 325 horsepower & 570 lb-ft of torque*2008 Ford 6.4 liter Powerstroke- 350 horsepower & 650 lb-ft of torque*2007 Dodge 6.7 liter High Output Cummins- 360 horsepower & 650 lb-ft of torque2007 GM 6.6 liter Duramax- 365 horsepower & 660 lb-ft of torqueNow given that the trucks are geared & weigh equally, how can you POSSIBLY say that the little powerjoke is top dog??? Better yet, if the 6.0 is such a "great" engine, then how can you explain the fact that Ford is not only dropping Navistar's boat anchor from it's line-up, but the two companies have filed several lawsuits against each other (ALL of them regarding, yep, you guessed it, mr. lethargic itself... the powerjoke!)? Even their bigger, "better", "more efficient" replacement engine in 2008 (again, manufactured by the same company that is neck-deep in legal issues with Ford) falls short of both GM and Dodge's figures. Looks like Ford is pretty much the laughing stock of the Big 3 when it comes to diesels! Now if only Toyota would drop the little Caterpillar engine into it's Tundra...:smiley_kewlpics: :signlol2iu: :signs1180lq:

#27 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 05 August 2007 - 01:30 PM

The d-max/allison is proveing itself to be a damn good combo in the truck and tractor pull competitions. The older dodges still do very well but the fords don't stand a chance. They just don't hold up againced that kind of strain.

#28 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,104 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 04:25 PM

Id have to go along with the Isuzu/Duramax crowd as well. My 3/4 GMC with a Utility bed and Rack suprised lots of people! Its great to see em pull up next to ya,"and not only trucks" and think... this diesel wont beat me to the Lane ends Merge sign.... Diesel has come a long way ! LOL

#29 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 09:10 PM

Yes your right they sure have . I think it started when dodge put the cumins in there pick up. I wonder why any of the truck company's hasn't put a cat in theirs yet.

#30 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 09:41 PM

Last I heard Toyota and Cat were talking, but evidently nothing has come of it. Cat had a perfect little motor that would have dropped right into the Tundra. Guess all the legal and financial mumbo-jumbo got in the way... I've said it before and I'll say it again, take a GMC pickup, drop a Cummins in the engine bay, bolt an Allison tranny to it, and sling the Ford leaf spring/straight axle one ton suspension under it and you'd have the perfect pickup!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users