8 replies to this topic

#1 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 03:16 PM

I saw two boxes of it on a shelf today! He didn't have the rifle to go with it, though.

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,330 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 08 March 2007 - 03:18 PM

That's about right because the shops that have the rifles don't have the ammo. :) Did you ask to see the ammo? It's sort of cute little stuff.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 03:22 PM

Yes, he pulled it out and showed me when I asked him if he had any 17 Remington dies. He has two of the rifles on order.

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,330 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 03:31 PM

Were you able to get the dies you wanted? I got my gun to the shop. I get it back next week. But I have lots of shells loaded to try out. Man I forgot how difficult it was to get powder into those teeny tiny cases. ;) :)

Time waits for no one--

#5 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 03:36 PM

Nope, I sure didn't. And the scope on my 22-250 is out for repairs so I don't have a good predator rifle right now!

#6 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,330 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 03:58 PM

I could send you some shells. I can't shoot mine till next week. These are just test rounds as I'm trying to find something it will like. It's almost squirrel time. You need to come visit.

Time waits for no one--

#7 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 04:08 PM

I've got 6 or 7 test rounds left that shot well. I want to try and christen this rifle !! I will use for now until my bushing gets here. But thanks!

#8 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 08 March 2007 - 04:37 PM

........Man I forgot how difficult it was to get powder into those teeny tiny cases. :) ;)

Aint that the truth! When I got my .17 rem I had to order a new powder funnel for that little sucker so I got an RCBS funnel. When it came time to load up some ammo I found that static electricity wouldn't let all of the powder thru. A few cernals of powder would stay stuck to the side of the funnel and when I'd try to use my finger to push them down they'd dance around and try to get away! :lol: Oh well, I called midway to order a Lyman electronpowder dispencer the other day so I added a Satern aluminun/brass funnel while I was at it. :lol:
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#9 4RHUNTS

4RHUNTS

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • Interests:Hunting for varmints, two and four legged varieties, deer, pigs, birds, reloading, and fishing.

Posted 08 March 2007 - 05:25 PM

Try wiping the inside of the funnel with those clothes softener sheets that you put in the clothes dryer with your clothes. I read about using those years ago and it really works to get rid of the static.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users