4 replies to this topic

#1 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 09:00 AM

Does any one here have a red dot scope on their shotgun? I have often wondered how they would work for night time work.

#2 Varmint Al

Varmint Al

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Computers

Posted 07 March 2007 - 11:46 AM

Posted ImageI am not a fan of BSA scopes, but this RedDot for $20 is very good. It only has a 5 min dot and after 2 months, I am still using the 2023 Lithium battery that came with it. I installed in on my 20 ga Remington Spartan single barrel shotgun. I use it about 2 hours a day when I take the Black Labs for their evening walk. Skunks, starlings, and crows are the targets of opportunity. It sure works great on the single barrel.Posted ImagePosted ImageI had an AimSHOT RMDS Multi Dot Sight and it was very unreliable. I had to push it to one side each time I went out because there was so much slop in the mounting springs. Also it would occasionally have double images and it wouldn?t hold zero. I spent most of my time fussing with it and wasted a bunch of shells sighting it in. It also ate a battery in 2 weeks of 2 hours a day.I think one dot that stays sighted in is much better than a bunch of different reticules that might or might not hold zero.http://www.natchezss...p;prodID=OSRD30Here is a link to the BSA RedDot.Good Hunting... from Varmint Al Posted Image

#3 Bozsik

Bozsik

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts
  • Interests:Having fun with my Wife and Kids, Hunting, Camping, Wildlife Photography, Woodworking, and Illustration.

Posted 07 March 2007 - 03:58 PM

I have the same one on one of my night rat pellet guns.db

#4 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 06:24 PM

I have the same model on my Crossman pellet pistol. Works great!Darren

#5 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer