• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 peeker seeker

peeker seeker

25-06 shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
  • Interests:Grand kids, My dogs, My girls the rabbits and hens Hunting & fishing

Posted 04 February 2007 - 04:12 PM

Picked up a beeman 1062 177 pellet gun today. Cat controle. shoots pretty darn good, set up target about 30 yrds not bad. Instructions say it takes about 2 cans of pellets to break it in . Almost as fun shooting as my 10-22. Thay are on sale for $109.00 , was $249.00. had to get one. Big 5 Ceres. CA. Comes with a Beeman 3-9-32 scope . scope looks well made for the price. Nice little set up for the price.Attached File  1.jpg   26.77KB   18 downloadsAttached File  2.jpg   12.62KB   17 downloadsAttached File  3.jpg   14.09KB   16 downloads
Reach out to are fury friends . Use a 25-06 If runs swims or flies ,IT CAN BE DEEP FRIED OR MADE INTO A PIE mmm mmmm ANIMALS IT'S WHATS FOR DINNER. Beeman air...25-06, 223, 7mm- 08 ,7mm Rem mag .Beaman 8 cats 0. Keeper of 2 Border Collie Heelers

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,473 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 04 February 2007 - 06:20 PM

They do take a little breaking in. They diesel at first while they burn out the oil in them. Don't ever put regular oil in the barrel or spring chamber! :unsure: I have a couple of springers made by Beeman too. It takes some getting used to the reverse recoil the spring causes but my R9 shoots paintballs off of golf tees at over 40 yards.Posted Image

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,270 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 09:52 PM

Nice air rifle they are a hell of a lot of fun it keeps you up on your skills and you can shoot it around your house even if you live in town. Thats a nice gun and great price what is it rated fps I had a gamo 177 break open it was 1100 fps and I was very impressed with it .I killed squirrels at 40 yards easy with it ,but got stolen cost me 190 bucks at big 5.

#4 Ken H

Ken H

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting, bird hunting. Reloading.

Posted 06 February 2007 - 11:32 AM

I too have an R9, they are fun and accurate. They do a pretty good job on squirrels out to 40 yards too!! :lol:

#5 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,473 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 06 February 2007 - 11:36 AM

They sure do Ken. My favorite are night time rat hunts. When the fruit starts dropping the rats come a running! :lol:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#6 FUR CHASER

FUR CHASER

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Interests:Family, Hunting, Softball, Cooking and being outdoors...if there's something else, too bad I can't afford it!

Posted 06 February 2007 - 12:28 PM

I have the Gamo Shadow, 1000fps and love it. To be honest, I've done more hunting, or should I say harvesting with my .177 than any other gun. Location Location Location :lol: But it has no problems with the squirrels and has dropped quite a few bunnies for me. I could shoot that thing at something furry any day of the week. I also got a feral cat at my Grandpa's house with it and she never knew what happened. They sure have come a long ways since that ol' red ryder my dad gave me when I was 7!! Thanks for the start Dad!!! :D
If it runs, it'll just die tired--Fur Chaser

#7 Ken H

Ken H

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting, bird hunting. Reloading.

Posted 06 February 2007 - 01:41 PM

John they are a great rat killers. :lol: I killed my share of jackrabbits caught eating my roses and small plants too. Best pest control weapon I own...

#8 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 04:58 PM

That looks like a whole lot of fun! How long until you're ungrounded?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users