9 replies to this topic

#1 Stan

Stan

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 08:35 PM

2007 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4 doorMy wife and I are pretty convinced this is going to be our next vehicle B) Tell me what you think and know about Jeep Wrangler Rubicon :blink: :o :D The Good the Bad and the Ugly ;) :angry: :lol:Attached File  Jeep_Rubicon.jpg   17.62KB   116 downloads

#2 Ken H

Ken H

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting, bird hunting. Reloading.

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:48 AM

I had a 2004 Jeep Unlimited. I loved it. Took the backseat out and had plenty of room for gear. I've always liked Jeeps. They are bad to the bone for off roading. I can't say anything bad about them. I also owned a 1985 CJ7 back in the day.I have not looked close at the new body styles for the jeeps. I don't know if they changed the motors in them, but the straight 6 has been around for many years. Plenty of OEM and after market stuff floating around.If you really like it, get one....... Good luck. ;)There not the greatests on gas. I sold mine just before I retired. Now if I had known Mike sooner I'd of sold him my truck and paid off my Jeep.

#3 bzzrd feedr

bzzrd feedr

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, Fishing, Snow Skiing and RV'ing.

Posted 29 January 2007 - 10:35 AM

I have my 80' CJ5 that is a SAV (squirrel assault vehicle) and a 2000 grand cherokee I pull behind the MH. I've been seriously thinking about trading in the cherokee and getting one of the new 4 doors for pulling behind the MH and using for a long range SAV for out of state etc. Consumer reports sure doesn't like them. There was an article in a recent edition that I'll try to dig up.

#4 Stan

Stan

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 02:33 PM

Bzzrd That would be Great if you find it :blink: And Thanks Ken H nice to hear nothing bad about the Jeeps :angry: As for the motor yes they have changed to a V Six supposted to have more power ;) Only thing it is Gas powered only rated 19 MPG Hwy :blink: My Dodge Sprinter van (Diesel) 3500 long tall 6330 pounds gets 20 on the HWY B) Wonder if Consumer reports did the test properly or like the baybe seats was to be done at 35 MPH but was done @ 70 and all but one failed had to retract the report Slime on there face :D :o

#5 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 05:53 PM

Is it offered with their diesel engine.

#6 Stan

Stan

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 07:03 PM

Is it offered with their diesel engine.

Heath if you have some info please hook me up no mention of diesel in the brochure :blink:

#7 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 07:07 PM

Sorry, not much info to pass along. I was doing homework in front of the TV a few weeks ago that was on the the Outdoor Channel. It was a 4 wheeling piece on some new Jeeps and they discussed a little on the diesel. I just heard it in passing and didnt really pay attention.

#8 Augnmike

Augnmike

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 07:14 PM

OK I have witnesses Ken offered to sell me his truck. Woohoo can't wait.

#9 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 07:47 PM

What are you looking a getting now, Mike? Last that I heard you were considering a Jeep that someone you knew had.

#10 Stan

Stan

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 05:29 PM

Want to thank everyone for there info :angry: Rubicon 4 door now on order complete with My Gig GPS ! :) The hell with 10 day wait we have to wait for 6 to 8 weeks! :o Will keep you posted :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users