• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Youngster18

Youngster18

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:live in kern county and i cant get enough of predator hunting.

Posted 27 January 2007 - 07:13 PM

ok my dad was a resive shariff and he still has his AR and its still registered and legal. i was tolled that he couldnt hunt with it on publice land, i was woundering if that was true. My cousins are coming down from utah in a while and they want to do some coyote hunting with me but the guns they want to use are AR also. are they able to bring them and hunt with them here?

#2 Fjold

Fjold

Traveling hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,820 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, hunting and fishing.

Posted 27 January 2007 - 07:25 PM

Your dad can hunt with his on public land as there is nothing specifically mentioned in the F&G regs but since it is a registered assault weapon it must travel in a locked container directly to and from the hunting area. That means no stopping at the grocery store for supplies or stopping at a restaurant on the way home.Your cousins cannot bring into California any semi-automatic rifle with a detachable magazine that has either a pistol grip, grenade/flare launcher, thumbhole stock, folding or collapsible stock, forward vertical grip or flashhider. They may also not bring in any magazines of greater than 10 round capacity.

#3 Youngster18

Youngster18

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 04:35 PM

thats awasome thanks!for my dad rifle, does he have to have a 10round clip to? and am i able to use it with out him or does he have to be there?

#4 4RHUNTS

4RHUNTS

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • Interests:Hunting for varmints, two and four legged varieties, deer, pigs, birds, reloading, and fishing.

Posted 29 January 2007 - 01:58 PM

I believe your Dad will have to be with you and whoever he lets use it has to be 18 or older.

#5 Youngster18

Youngster18

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 06:02 PM

i can pull off 18. hahah

#6 Ken H

Ken H

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting, bird hunting. Reloading.

Posted 30 January 2007 - 08:00 AM

There is a catch phrase for law enforcement personnel with assault weapons you might need to know about. It says something like carrying during official duties. I don't read it as being used for hunting, only for law enforcement activities. I'd check it out just to be safe. If I miss stated anything I apologize. For sure you better have a five round mag in that thing if checked........... ;)DFG does not care who you are if your carrying weapons that don't belong in the hunting arena....

#7 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 08:13 AM

Okay, what if you have a new Cal legal AR type rifle? Fixed mag and it's made by an off brand so it does not appear on the band list? Such as a Bushmaster, Colt or Olympic Arms are all listed on the band list. But a Global Tach is not. It's perfectly legal, I just got it from a FFL dealer. It has a 10 round fixed mag.. These laws in this state are so dang confusing! :lol:

#8 4RHUNTS

4RHUNTS

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • Interests:Hunting for varmints, two and four legged varieties, deer, pigs, birds, reloading, and fishing.

Posted 30 January 2007 - 08:57 AM

It also states for on or off duty........so if you are off duty and shooting little fuzzy grass munchers that move around a lot I guess you could call it "skills development" :D ;)

#9 Youngster18

Youngster18

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 09:51 AM

so there is a band list? how would i look at that?

#10 4RHUNTS

4RHUNTS

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 04:22 PM

so there is a band list? how would i look at that?

From the Penal Code:http://www.leginfo.c...action=retrieve

#11 Youngster18

Youngster18

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 09:56 PM

so is the band list for the fish and game or police? because my dads rifle is registered for him throught law enforcement.

#12 4RHUNTS

4RHUNTS

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 12:14 AM

The ban applies to anybody within the state of Ca. There are exceptions for the police and the military to possess and use these weapons in the state.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users