7 replies to this topic

#1 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 10:01 PM

I saw this on http://www.gamecalls...gets-140-1.html its a full size coyote decoy has anyone used it what do you all think about it.

#2 bzzrd feedr

bzzrd feedr

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, Fishing, Snow Skiing and RV'ing.

Posted 22 January 2007 - 11:00 PM

Johnny spend your money on a good scope, on the other hand if you buy the decoy and it doesn't work you could always use it for target practice. :lol: :lol:

#3 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 22 January 2007 - 11:11 PM

Johnny spend your money on a good scope, on the other hand if you buy the decoy and it doesn't work you could always use it for target practice. :lol: :lol:

Beats me if its legal in Calif BUT on Randy Andersons video he uses a mounted coyote (he named her Phoebe).. And they sure do zero in on that decoy....you can see in the video the the minute they notice it.. Its like they lock on to it and instantly their whole attitude changes.. Instead of looking for dinner now they are staring at a possible mate or interloper.. Its way cool...

#4 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 02:22 PM

Beats me if its legal in Calif BUT on Randy Andersons video he uses a mounted coyote (he named her Phoebe).. And they sure do zero in on that decoy....you can see in the video the the minute they notice it.. Its like they lock on to it and instantly their whole attitude changes.. Instead of looking for dinner now they are staring at a possible mate or interloper.. Its way cool...

Oh thanks For you kind response Huntress not like some people..... :P ..How long are you going to hound me Dale...... . will it be legal for this state I don't see why not SJ would know.

#5 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,664 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 23 January 2007 - 03:35 PM

Alright I'll answer. It's legal, but those Renzo decoys are just paper cutouts. There is a company that makes an awesome radio controlled coyote decoy but it costs $900. :P

#6 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 23 January 2007 - 10:39 PM

Alright I'll answer. It's legal, but those Renzo decoys are just paper cutouts. There is a company that makes an awesome radio controlled coyote decoy but it costs $900. :P

John, can you PLEASE tell me where I can find where it says that? I need to show my hubby and FIL so they will not give me a headache debating over it.. (They do love to debate...) I have 3 Im mounting now, ONE can be my new decoy.. Gee I wonder if these Calif coyotes will notice that these are from out of state? They might look at these silver black tipped coyotes and think OMG that dude traveled a LONG ways....

#7 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,664 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 24 January 2007 - 10:37 AM

John, can you PLEASE tell me where I can find where it says that? I need to show my hubby and FIL so they will not give me a headache debating over it.. (They do love to debate...)

The only thing the regulations state is that you can't use live animals for decoys. Otherwise paper, plastic, feathered, or fur decoys are ok.

#8 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 12:04 PM

The only thing the regulations state is that you can't use live animals for decoys. Otherwise paper, plastic, feathered, or fur decoys are ok.

I searched all thru the DFG site, and I can find anything on use of decoys except about not using live birds... And I just have to say that sight is the most confusing PITA website to look thru.. Heaven forbid if someone actualy got everything in order. I want to print it out so there are no questions when I set my furry coyote mount out :( Although I will probably need to add some thing to its color to make sure noone shoots my decoy LOL.. I can just see it now. My bueatiful Coyote out on point and WHAM someone shots it LOL...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users