Photo

Making my own Remote E-Caller, Need MP3 Player ?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#31 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,579 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 23 December 2005 - 03:52 PM

No problem Lynn, glad I could help out. Those are some pretty good sounds. I downloaded a few myself. :angry:

#32 lif2fsh

lif2fsh

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 08:41 AM

Hylander those wireless mics...are they the speakers?? And what kid of range from the MP3 can you get? Im getting more and more intrigued. Scott

Hi Hylander, I was reading that you were going to build a coyote caller and think it's really a great idea!But I have some ?.1) What NADY did you settle on, 151 or 3512) What MP3 player3) Were did you purchase these items4) Would you do anything different? Thank You,

#33 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 08:46 AM

Welcome to the forum! I've got a buddy who built his own. Check it out HERE

#34 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,579 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 04 March 2006 - 10:32 AM

Don't forget Varmint Al's caller he built. All of the sites and prices are in there too.http://www.varmintal...t.htm#El-Cheapo

#35 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 10:46 AM

Al has some GREAT stuff on that website.

#36 coolvarmint

coolvarmint

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Killing Varmints

Posted 05 March 2006 - 12:03 PM

Go to Predatormastersforums.com. They have a ecaller section on their main forum page. There is about 128 pages to review, I know I have looked at them all. There is plenty of info there to answer any questions you may have. Im picking up the remainder of my parts at RS tomorrow so I should have mine up and calling in the next week or so. Maybe those that have home brew could bring them by the next meeting and we could look at each others ideas. Ill try to have mine. Nady 151 and 351 are very similar. 151=$ 80: 351=$120. 351 comes with an antenna already attatched and is a little smaller. Both need to have some type of imput made to connect to a battery source other than a solo 9v (doesnt last but about 30-40 min). There are plenty of websites that explain how to make all these pieces. If you email me I can get you all the files I have downloaded. I got an Amplivox from a person on PM site. It has 2 channels and an imput to power from a electric adapter, an easy way to connect battery packs. MP3 you really cant go wrong with just about any decent one you find. Stay away from the really cheap $20-40 versions as they may have a poor noise to signal ratio(??if this is the right term, just means as the volume goes up the signal gets alot worse). I picked mine up on eBay $50. Remember you don't need alot of storage. Im no expert but I have researched this alot. ShooterJohn is a TV camera guru, among being a reloading GOD, shooter extraordinaire etc etc :( so he can tell you more technical stuff a lot better than I. And the PM site is a wealth of knowledge as people have been building these for several years. Good luck. Scott

#37 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 07:21 AM

My Nady 151 LT arrived yesterday (bought it on EBay). The lavalier mic is hard wired into the unit and I didn't realize it when I bought it. Can I just clip the mic off of the end of the cord and add a 3.5mm jack to that? I know that sounds stupid, but my electronics days were over 20 years ago and I have forgotten so much now!Darren

#38 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 08:10 AM

Can you remove the soldering inside the unit and then just re-solder your 3.5mm jack in it's place?

#39 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 08:22 AM

Not easily as it is soldered directly to the circuit board inside.Darren

#40 fiveflat

fiveflat

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 08:34 PM

damn! that wireless mic is the way to go. I have money, time and too much thought into my wireless caller and it STILL isn't finished yet! I really need to get off my arse and get 'er done.All that's really holding me up is the design of the transmitter case...

#41 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:49 AM

Yeah I did some google crawling and saw some guys had done that. This way I have a remote ecaller up and working hopefully for this Saturday when I take some guys out yote hunting for the first time.Darren

#42 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 07:20 AM

Where are you going to hunt??

#43 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 06:21 PM

I already emailed you about that :roflmao3[1]: Care to come and play?Darren

#44 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,803 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 08 August 2007 - 06:50 PM

Hopefully you will have some hand calls also. They are in the mail. :roflmao3[1]:

#45 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 08:27 PM

Looking forward to those as well. If they arrive in time, I will use them on Saturday! Thanks again for your hard work Braz!Darren

#46 yunggun

yunggun

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 12:36 PM

Just curious, How are you guys hooking the MP3 to the wireless mic? Is there a cord that will hook into your headphone jack on your MP3 and then another jack that fits the mic? Sounds like it should be a good idea if you could hook it all together.

#47 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 01:29 PM

I had to cut the lavalier mic off the end of the cord. Then I soldered a 3.5mm (1/8") jack that plugs into the headphone jack on my IPod. You keep the cord as close to the original length as possible since that is the antenna as well.Darren

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users