• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

I looked for a bullpup gun months ago but decided I didn't want to wait for an Edgun that could take 9 months or more. Now a quality competitior has arrived with manufacturing that precludes the long waits. I am seriously looking a Cricket Long in .25. I finally got my hands on one and was very impressed in fit and finish, and accuracy. I got to shoot the std .22 model and really like it. (I have shot a std .22 Edgun Matador on several occasions).   I have emailed the distributor for more information but definitely like support and availability with manufacturing in CZ.

Anyone else own or have experience with the Crickets?

Kalibr20-20Cricket-2020612884.jpg

I'm an airgunholic

#2 KNOCKED UP

KNOCKED UP

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,707 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, archery,Reloading.
    Harley Davidson Motorcycles, and good people
    RETIRED

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

Holy smokes Brant,

It has a pistol grip, You better check with Feinstein,

Tom

Life on earth is temporary, Choose your destiny Wisely.

#3 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

It just looks evil.

I'm an airgunholic

#4 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

The first shipments of Crickets in .22 manufactured now in CZ have arrived in the US and are selling. I am waiting for some feedback on QA before considering them. Only one .25 arrived and sold already.  They have them for $100 off during January or $1850. I wonder if the price will drop as demand is satisifed.

I'm an airgunholic

#5 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

Anyone done a Marauder rifle bullpup conversion?

I'm an airgunholic

#6 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • Interests:I've got so many I couldn't list them all. :)

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:01 AM

If you check on the Marauder Air Rifle Forum, there are a few guys that at one time were selling Bullpup conversions for the Marauder. There may be some still. Check the Buy/Sell section of the site and if there is someone producing them you'll find the information there. :)

#7 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:28 AM

Thanks, The one guy (Leftymadrid I think) who announced he went into that business on several forums and setup a web site has taken orders but delivered none. A few guys on Talon have been trying to contact him on their orders and he is ignoring them.  I'll check the Marauder AR Forum.

Update: it appears someone has called the law on Lefty. :signbummer8tl:

I'm an airgunholic

#8 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:38 AM

I read the threads from the guy in Iowa creating a wood shop on the MAR Forum. He plans on subsidizing some of the cost selling bullpup Marauder kits. I don't think he yet realizes what he is in for.

I'm an airgunholic

#9 CBR400RR

CBR400RR

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycle racing, airguns, my family, hunting.

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:11 PM

Looks very nice, I would love one in .25

.177 Custom 1377c, .177 TX200 MKIII, .177 FWB 300su .177 R.A.W. TM1000, .22 M-Rod tuned, .22 AA S410 - SL XTRA FAC, .22 Theoben Rapid MKII AZ tuned, .25 Daystate Air Ranger tuned, .25 HM1000x, FX Boss .30

#10 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:35 PM

These guys are dealers or you can go direct to the distributor.  The .25s are a little larger and heavier. I am considering a .22 for that reason. I still would like to convert my .25 Marauder though but leave the barrel length, power, etc. the same.

http://www.topgun-ai...om/cricket.html

I heard there are some subtle differences between the new ones manufactured in CZ and the Russian ones because of slight part difference including springs and hammers, etc... Right now the CZ ones have slightly lower power specs than their Russian counterparts but not by much. I thought I would wait for a few more CZ shipments to the US b4 considering one. That would give time for the early adopters to test them thoroughly but I am not too worried with their good reputation in Russia and  with CZ as the now manufacturing country.

I'm an airgunholic

#11 CBR400RR

CBR400RR

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

The compact looks great for hunting in the woods, I saw a pic that shows the stock has a holder for 4 clips which is a nice idea.

.177 Custom 1377c, .177 TX200 MKIII, .177 FWB 300su .177 R.A.W. TM1000, .22 M-Rod tuned, .22 AA S410 - SL XTRA FAC, .22 Theoben Rapid MKII AZ tuned, .25 Daystate Air Ranger tuned, .25 HM1000x, FX Boss .30

#12 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:32 PM

The stocks come in 4 configurations. Bullpup (with mag holder) or Skeleton shape, and walnut or composite (like a bedliner finish). Walnut is $200 more.

The Crickets in .177 and .22 use hammer forged barrels made in the CZ that are proving to be very accurate. That first picture I posted is a custom stock.

Here is the bullpup compact composite .177 model. 15 inch barrel.

syncricket_zpse3eec46b.jpg

Here is the standard walnut skeleton model in .22. 880 fps with JSB 18.13 and 930 fps with JSB 15.9. 55 shots with 3200 fill. The gun alone is under 6 lbs and 26.75 inches long.  17.5 inch barrel. Right now the walnut price is $1750 and $1550 for composite.

Cricket_0023_zpsa5479dc4.jpg

Cricket_0016_zpsa2afe5fe.jpg

I'm an airgunholic

#13 rws fan

rws fan

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Interests:My kids, shootin' stuff, hunting, hiking, scenic beaches, weather, running, imported beer, science, technology, fast cars, fast women, guns etc.

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:28 PM

I like the walnut skeleton. I think the bulldog stock with clip holders looks ugly lol...

Henry

#14 Locnload

Locnload

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Deer hunting, and coyotes when the opportunity presents itself, (I don't have the calling thing down yet).

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:39 PM

Real nice looking air rifles.

#15 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:08 PM

Went ahead and ordered a Standard Walnut (skeleton) KalibrGun Cricket in .22 caliber from TGAG (TopGun) after much research and soul searching (wife begging). I reviewed the new FX Bobcat model but had to go with Czech women holding Crickets :) (Facebook marketing) and quality airguns at KaibrGun. It should arrive late next week USPS (2 left in stock but more coming in a few weeks from CZ to TopGun).

It will be getting a Hawke Sidewinder Tactical 6.5-20x42 1/2 mil dot scope (like the one in the pictures above except with a 4" side wheel) and vortex level. The 30mm rings height are still undecided with the best cheek weld being a consideration.

The way the hammer forged barrels are shooting in .177 amd .22 are really impressive. With the regulator it may outshoot my Air Ranger at 100 yards.

http://www.facebook.com/KalibrGun

I'm an airgunholic

#16 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:56 PM

Anyone done a Marauder rifle bullpup conversion?

Autoduel did one a few years back for a Casa club member...really first class job....his first though was made from a 850 Magnum he called "D9"...

#17 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:03 PM

Someone recently asked me if Crickets are a new product. No - they have been around for years - just not the in the US because of the export issues out of Russia. KalibrGun's solution like Edgun's was to produce the guns outside of Russia. As I mentioned before the US Crickets are made in Prague, Czech. The barrels are made by the CZ firearm company. My Cricket should arrive on Wednesday.

I'm an airgunholic

#18 CBR400RR

CBR400RR

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:17 PM

There are so many great airguns out there and not enough money for them all.....lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users