4 replies to this topic

#1 HOG

HOG

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

What are your thoughts. I'm looking for a stern depth/fish locator that I can look at while running the kicker. Manual zoom to find sturgeon feeding, stripers salmon, SF Bay sharks, stripers.

ideas suggestions, what do you use and like.
Thanks.

#2 Mutt

Mutt

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:47 PM

I am a lowrance person have been for years but.. I went to buy a new unit for my dash on my bass boat and ended up with the hummingbird 596c HD DI the graphics were better eaiser to program better pixalation I love it the lowrance didnt hold a candle to it. and for 400 it was a good price.

If they came up with a vaccine for stupid the unemployment rate would go up - all them fine politicians would be outta work!

#3 Mutt

Mutt

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:46 AM

Not the best quality picture but I was running split screen and with fish id on so my wife can learn how o read it. I love this unit much more then the 5x.

If they came up with a vaccine for stupid the unemployment rate would go up - all them fine politicians would be outta work!

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,393 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:16 AM

Have to agree with Mutt. I have been a Lowrance owner for about 25 years but Hummingbird just has the edge now with ease of use and less after sale problems. Updates are much easier on the Hummingbirds too.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#5 keale73

keale73

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

I have the 596 HD DI on my Ranger and love it.  My fishing partner has the 5x and it's pretty good too but the Humminbird has everything included.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users