10 replies to this topic

#1 HOG

HOG

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:46 AM

Just curious how long it's going to take me to reload 100 .223. Just finished lubing and depriming at just under 30 min. They are tumbling now. I'm not counting the tumbling time.

#2 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,941 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:58 AM

Once you get them into the Tray re-primed, prolly an hour or so? Depending upon powder and loading equip?
“Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that require every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen.”

#3 KNOCKED UP

KNOCKED UP

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,648 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, archery,Reloading.
    Harley Davidson Motorcycles, and good people
    RETIRED

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:13 PM

What is the hurry?
Quality Quality Quality.
Tom

Life on earth is temporary, Choose your destiny Wisely.

#4 HOG

HOG

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

there is no hurry.......... just interested in my time involvement. Just to pass on to others maybe less experienced or looking into reloading. time I have. I don't question my accuracy. I know what I have put together has been time tested and shoots better than I do. maybe I should use a vice to hold the gun when I fire? no I don't shoot one hole but i do strive for sub MOA. I do know and have shot with members that cam shoot one hole 5 shot groups.

#5 HOG

HOG

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:03 PM

Started to load powder this AM and got a call for school. I had about another hour in. I finished everything this evening with 106. With a couple interruptions I officially lost track of the time. :huh: Oh well, I ESTIMATE about 3 hours for the process. I'll just have to do it again! ;)

I see several breaking ranks, peeking out.

Posted Image

#6 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,941 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:16 AM

If you have your bench set up in an assembly line fashion you can get stuff loaded rather quickly. I work from Left to right. Shell tray.. Powder drop... Scales.. then press.. after a while you can move right along! Good luck
“Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that require every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen.”

#7 HOG

HOG

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:53 AM

I've been using this same system for probably 40 years no. Not saying it doesn't work for me. I would rather bundle the process. :)

#8 Kephers

Kephers

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and Shooting

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:08 PM

if you get some upgraded reloading equipment and you get your system down you can crank out more, faster and with reliable consistency. I know I can do about 100 in about an hour and a half. I got the case prep center and now I just got the rcbs chargemaster pro combo so it goes pretty quick.

When I'm bored though I prep 223 cases fully so they just need a powder charge and a bullet seated. It will save you time in the long run.
OORAH! SEMPER FI!
Call Me Keith!
1 Round Varmint War!

#9 Fjold

Fjold

Traveling hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, hunting and fishing.

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:23 PM

It depends on the press, single stage, turret or progressive.

Using Hornady one shot lube and having the Dillon pre-setup it takes me about 20 minutes or so, start to finish.
Frank
One rifle, one planet. Holland's 375
Posted Image

#10 HOG

HOG

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:28 PM

Keith, you must have a progressive press. 1 round with each pull. What is to upgrade. a press is a press. I know I can throw, weigh out and trickle to within 100th g. in less time than an RCBS powder thrower. I prep 100 casings at a time, lubing and sizing, the tumbler to clean takes 3 hrs. I really like the SS pins, even the primer pockets are shiny! If I haven't reloaded the brass before I trim the inside flash hole to de-burr and uniform, prime the 100 brass, RCBS hand priming tool so I can feel each primer bottom out, drop and weigh each powder charge, seat the bullets. Because of my sausage fingers in use an RCBS micrometer seating tool. Much easier to droop the bullet in the window. I reload for .223 and .204 for squirrels.

I'm ready for a trip up north to burn some powder.

#11 HOG

HOG

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:40 PM

It depends on the press, single stage, turret or progressive.

Using Hornady one shot lube and having the Dillon pre-setup it takes me about 20 minutes or so, start to finish.

single stage and I use Hornady Unique lube (paste) The Dillon pre-setup, is that a turret? do you weigh out powder charges? I use RCBS but have the micrometer charge set-up. works for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users