• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:08 AM

The PCP field is really exploding with the .30 caliber debuts. The new Daystate Wolverine .30 cal didnt fare quite as well as the FX Boss but it is brand new.

http://www.airgunsofarizona.com/

Sunday, Nov. 11th 2012 Extreme Benchrest Results:

Posted Image

FX Boss .30 Caliber Airgun

The 2011 IWA Show in Nuremberg, Germany gave birth to idea of the .30 caliber pellet by FX Airguns and JSB Pellets. Airguns of Arizona was present at this meeting where JSB was charged with the task to build a quality lead airgun pellet for a concept that FX was working on at the time; “Build a proper large caliber rifle and pellet combination to open new avenues for airgun hunting and sport”. After two years of research and development by both firms and many hours of testing, the FX Boss is now a proud member of the FX family.

Based around the proven design of the Royale series, the Boss utilizes a highly efficient combination of valve and regulator to produce impressive results! At a magnum power of 78 ft/lbs, the Boss holds a consistent shot-to-shot spread, ensuring accuracy to pair with the raw power for hunting. The 24" Smooth Twist barrel is completely custom and designed to perform perfectly with the combination of the Boss platform and the pellets designed by JSB. The barrel is finished with a highly effective sound moderator which takes the report of the rifle down to a low and manageable puff of air. Throw in a 9-shot magazine for ease of shooting, and the FX Boss stacks up as an effective and efficient field rifle for medium to large size game. Available with the latest FX soft-touch synthetic or attractive walnut stock, the FX Boss looks as good as it performs! As first hand testimony for the Boss, the factory owner/designer of FX Airguns, Fredrik Axelsson, not only competed with the FX Boss .30 in the 2012 Extreme Benchrest competition, but he won the match with a 2 point lead over the remaining competitors. The FX Boss has power, quiet report, and match winning accuracy wrapped up inside an amazing new caliber design!

Posted Image

FX Boss Synthetic

Scope and Mounts Not Included

FX BOSS SYNTHETIC

Overall Length

Barrel Length

Weight

LENGTH OF PULL

Caliber

Power

47.5" 24" 7.15 lbs

14.25"

78 ft/lbs

Posted Image

FX Boss Walnut

Scope and Mounts Not Included

FX BOSS WALNUT

Overall Length

Barrel Length

Weight

LENGTH OF PULL

Caliber

Power

47.5" 24" 7.45 lbs

14.25"

78 ft/lbs

Posted Image
Adjustable Match Trigger
Posted Image
High Flow Bolt Design

Posted Image
Tests are performed by Airguns of Arizona on a specific rifle. Actual results may vary.

$1995 - Boss .30 Synthetic

$2195 - Boss .30 Walnut

<embed src="OrderButtonBlack.swf" width="105" height="33" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com...ShockwaveFlash" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" bgcolor="#000000"></embed>

I'm an airgunholic

#2 CBR400RR

CBR400RR

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycle racing, airguns, my family, hunting.

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:52 AM

With such a large pellet it shouldn't be hard to hit the bullseye and do the other shooters with smaller pellets get to use a .30 push pin to make there holes the same size? I see the TM1000 tied for second. I think I might have to get a FX Boss for my next gun but it will have to wait until next year.
.177 Custom 1377c Mac-1 tuned, .177 TX200 MKIII, .177 R.A.W. TM1000, .22 M-Rod tuned, .22 AA S410 - SL XTRA FAC, .22 Theoben Rapid MKII AZ tuned, .25 Daystate Air Ranger tuned, FX Boss .30

#3 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:25 AM

I like that the FX Boss is light enough to be a hunter at 7.15 lbs and 78 FPE and accurate too. Hard to beat the TM for FT. I think the TM1000s would tend to win these competitions if there were a few more.

I'm an airgunholic

#4 CBR400RR

CBR400RR

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:43 PM

Brant, how many options are there in .30 cal pellets and how hard are they to get?
.177 Custom 1377c Mac-1 tuned, .177 TX200 MKIII, .177 R.A.W. TM1000, .22 M-Rod tuned, .22 AA S410 - SL XTRA FAC, .22 Theoben Rapid MKII AZ tuned, .25 Daystate Air Ranger tuned, FX Boss .30

#5 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:13 PM

I heard that JSB developed two pellets 46 and 50 grain I think. I believe Daystate also offers one. The pickens are a little slim at the moment.

I'm an airgunholic

#6 CBR400RR

CBR400RR

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

Brant I think I might get the FX Boss .30 next year if it keeps getting good reviews, I have always wanted an FX airgun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users