#1 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,913 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:53 AM

Life has been hectic for me lately. I have not had time to post. I had to move at the beginning of October and did not plan on it. Long story there. But planned on living where I was at un till December. I bought a short sell house and knew I would be in it by December. So lucky me gets to move twice in three months. Besides that I have been working out of town and will be out of town for the next 8 months. Needless to say it has been hard to take care of every thing while being out of town.

So I moved back to an old shack I own and am trying to fix up for a rental. There is a bunch of ground squirrel's there that have been tearing the crap out of the place. So I figured it was time to sick the kid on them with his air rifle. He is in heaven, he thinks. He does not want to move to the nice house I just bought, he likes the shack where he can hunt every day after school.

Any ways we have been killing squirrel's every time we get a chance. Probably killed around 40 around here in the last month. Just have not had time to post or even take a bunch of pictures. I have been working, moving and remodeling. Here is just a couple pictures of the destroyers.

Posted Image

Posted Image

He has been using his HW-50 and I have been using my Air Arms S-510. He has been taking squirrel's out to about 45 yards and I have been killing them a little further. LOL he says I am bad after watching me shoot the Air Arms. He ran to the house and told his mother Bennie is BAD. She says what did he do? He says, he shoots squirrels in the head twice as far as my gun will even shoot. She says why is that BAD? He says. well I just ment he was a good shot. LOL Poor kid is just getting started in to it, and does not understand the 300 FPS advantage I have on him. I hope for my wallets sake he does not figure it out to quick either.

With all this said. It is nice to know the kid is happy as long as he gets to hunt know matter how nice or big the house we live in is. It has also been a pleasure for me to be able to take just twenty minutes a couple of times here lately and be able to walk out there and sit down beside him and shoot a couple of squirrel's with him. I have have not been around much lately. It is nice knowing that he will not get bored or in trouble as long as he can hunt.

#2 modoc squeek shooter

modoc squeek shooter

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, guns, and saddles,
    self appointed GURU of squeek shooting in Modoc County

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:40 AM

Good post Bennie. Fun hunting with the kid isn't it. I know I enjoy hunting with my grandsons, and sons. Ed

#3 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:42 PM

What fun. I love my AA 510 Carbine.

#4 Rob

Rob

The Varmint Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

Super family activity..happy guy in that photo I noticed. Good Dad!

#5 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:I've got so many I couldn't list them all. :)

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:44 AM

It sounds like the both of you are having a good time blasting those pests with the air rifles. Nice photo too. :)

#6 mackeralboy

mackeralboy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Interests:Hunting anything above or below the water. Kayaking, Backpacking, Scuba, Surfing, anything outdoors.

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

Deffinate Quality time!

#7 rws34hunter

rws34hunter

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and cooking

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:43 AM

Hi guys,
I am new to the forum. Bennie: thanks for sharing your story. It's really cool to see your son hunting with you. I have a 5 year old and want to introduce him to shooting and hunting when he gets older.
Best,
Sam

#8 BeastSlayer

BeastSlayer

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:Everything outdoors...

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:38 AM

Bennie - That's one happy boy. And nice stock on your rifle.

RWS - Five is good enough for a Daisy BB gun (but the Mom should co-approve).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users