• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

My brother just told me he is looking for a .22 Benjamin Discovery for his first PCP and begged my hand pump from me which I don't use. He said they are out of stock just about everywhere (and no reconditioned ones are available either) and he is looking for one w/o a pump. Any ideas of a retailer that might have one?

Any advice on accessories or upgrades? He lives on a farm so noise isn't an issue.

Thanks!

I'm an airgunholic

#2 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • Interests:I've got so many I couldn't list them all. :)

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

Brant, I sent you a PM and here's the link to the photos.

http://www.californi...showtopic=26209

It has the Boyd's Ross Thumbhole Sporter stock in Peppered (would also include original walnut stock), (2) screw trigger modification, heavier hammer spring (for higher velocity), also now shown in photos are a 4-16x40 CenterPoint AO IR MD scope with scope rings. It's all ready to go. :)

#3 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:56 AM

Update: Crosman now only sells the Benjamin Discovery guns with pump combo's but R&L Airgun will still sell the gun for $260 and pull the pump if it is not needed.

I'm an airgunholic

#4 THE KNOT

THE KNOT

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:15 PM

I bought the combo pump and .22 cal discovery ,JMO the pump isn't worth beans .I loved the gun and it ended up in my friends hand and he never gave it back. I have since moved on to a AA410c in .22, as a first pcp a discovey is a joy and great choice

As for a solid pump i now have a hill and it backs up my scuba tank , but it's a quality choice . The pumps are easy to rebuild if your handy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users