1 reply to this topic

#1 Benmar25

Benmar25

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:13 AM

I am considering the purchase of an Air Force rifle. From what I have read so far they are an accurate rifle but noisy. I really don’t know which one I would rather have and the fact that they have many interchangeable parts only makes the choice more confusing. What I am mainly concerned about is the noise they make. I now shoot a marauder and don’t expect any of them to be that quiet. Some people on line have said they are as loud as a 22 but I don’t understand that if the pellet is kept subsonic how could it be as loud as a 22. I understand that the Talon ss is the quietest, followed by the Talon and the loudest is the Condor. Has anybody shot any of these rifles and compared the loudness to a 22 rimfire?

#2 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts
  • Interests:I've got so many I couldn't list them all. :)

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:23 AM

From what I understand, you can purchase a package for the Air Force airguns that includes a shrouded barrel. That should quiet the bark some.

As to your question about the loudness... without a shrouded/baffeled barrel, yes, they do sound much like a 22 rimfire. Especially if it is a .25 caliber airgun. Take the shroud and baffles off of your Marauder some time and fire it. Even though it is shooting around 850 to 900 FPS it will still be loud. I have a EunJin Sumatra 2500 Carbine in .25 caliber and it doesn't have a shroud of any kind on it. It shoots around 950 to 1000 FPS with a 35.8 grain pellet and it is just as loud as my .22 LR rifle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users