• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 chuckocaster

chuckocaster

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, music, cooking.

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:34 AM

Got a late start today for shooting, had to make some puppy proof barricades for the pool. But I finally got out to the range to sight in three rifles. The Weatherby got a new Leupold, the Bausch&Lomb from that went on the Model 70, & the scope from the 70 went onto the 742. Whew! Did everyone follow that? LOL

ANYWAYS, here's a pic of everything, I even got a chance to plink some pistol rounds.

ENJOY!!!

Attached Files

#2 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,772 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:38 AM

Now that picture looks like the start of some fun time for sure.
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#3 chuckocaster

chuckocaster

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:53 AM

It was a great day! We then went and had a bite and a pint!

#4 Kephers

Kephers

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and Shooting

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:58 AM

I work wed-sat man. My shooting days are sun,mon,tues. If the wife works late that is. With the 3 kids we work on eachothers off days to prevent us from having to pay for day care for the 3 kids. Would be way to expensive to pay and we get to raise our own children.

I need some trigger time. I've been loading up some 223s for my rem 700 varmint using 53 grain match HPBT with 20.5 Gr on of IMR 4198. Both work well in the Rem 700 and the AR 15. Still working on a load for my 25-06 too with Barnes TTSX's and TSX's. Got a few different powders I'm playing with. H4891, IMR 4891, Varget and IMR 4831 I believe. Something like that.
OORAH! SEMPER FI!
Call Me Keith!
1 Round Varmint War!

#5 chuckocaster

chuckocaster

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:55 PM

Right now I don't reload for my rifles. My 223 loves the Fiocchi's with the 50 grain Hornady V Max. Bought in bulk they're 37¢ a round. The 243 will do 5 shot 1 MOA groups with just about any box ammo 70-100 grains, she's a keeper! I need to figure out what the '06s like, but for now I'm shooting the Remington 165 gr CoreLokt rounds. The Model 70 is doing just under an inch, 3 shot. I'd guess about 3/4"? The 742 is doing about 1.5"? All at 100 yards. I'll fiddle with brands and weight with th '06s, time and money permitting. Grandpa and Grandma killed plenty of Elk'n'deer with the 70 & 742, box ammo as Grandpa never thought reloading was worth his time. Animal down, meat in the freezer!

#6 Mutt

Mutt

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:45 PM

What range did you go to? sure dont look like the sportsman.

If they came up with a vaccine for stupid the unemployment rate would go up - all them fine politicians would be outta work!

#7 chuckocaster

chuckocaster

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:12 PM

Private property, I try NOT to go to the Sportsmens'.... No offense to anyone. I'll just leave it at that.

#8 Kephers

Kephers

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

I never have any issues going there. Been going there for years. Only issues I have are idiots buying their first gun and going to the 100 yard line and shooting over the berm and I get to yell at em and sight their own rifles in for them. Happened countless times already.

Private property, I try NOT to go to the Sportsmens'.... No offense to anyone. I'll just leave it at that.

Know any places to shoot 200-300 yards thats private property? That would save me havin to drive to sacramento all the time lol

Got to set up a range day man. Gotta find out when the wife works the afternoon so I can get some trigger time.
OORAH! SEMPER FI!
Call Me Keith!
1 Round Varmint War!

#9 chuckocaster

chuckocaster

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:06 PM

Just hit me up dude! I PM'd you my number. I can shoot that far out there, but I'm a guest and for that and liability reasons I don't invite guests along, since I'm a guest myself and don't want to lose access. I'm working on finding some other places to shoot, but am coming up dry. :( Wish I had money, cuz I'd buy 20-30 acres and build myself a range. Dreams, they sure are nice to have.

#10 Mutt

Mutt

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:29 PM

Only place I have to go anymore lol.
My biggest complaint is when I shoot my blackpowder rifles I get swamped by questions and everyone wanting to shoot them.
Last time I went some guy at one endof the 100 yard range was messing with his scope and his muzzle was pointing right down the fre line. Can not believe the ignorance of some.

If they came up with a vaccine for stupid the unemployment rate would go up - all them fine politicians would be outta work!

#11 chuckocaster

chuckocaster

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:54 PM

I can't count the times while we're "hot" some idiot walks up, puts his rifle on the bench, and then starts to walk downrange to put a target up... Or guys during a cease fire that try to fiddle with their fun! But those events aren't limited to MSG. I've seen them happen at EVERY range I've gone to!

Do you happen to shoot black powder pistols? If so I'm the Guy with the sailor tattoos that admired your pistolas. If you're not, then that must've been your doppelganger. :D

#12 Mutt

Mutt

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:49 AM

I havnt shot any of my pistols at the range in a long long time just rifles. Had a 17 year old out there never even heard of black powder lol he had a 7.62 he was shooting his first rifle. He was so intrigued by the black powder. I loaded up a hot load in it for my first shot of the day wind was blowing perfect to blow back at him and his mom so when I fired he got a face full of that wonderful smoke lol. He is hooked he is going to buy himself a bp setup lol.

#13 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,189 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:55 AM

Speaking of bp rifles I got tired of mine being so hard to ram a ball down I got the hose some dish soap and plunged a wire brush threw it.Talk about powder residue build up lol.Sportmens club is that the one off of carpenter by the river or another place?

#14 Mutt

Mutt

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:21 AM

the sportsman is off of airport road in manteca.

#15 Kephers

Kephers

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:53 PM

Yeah I'm waiting for my wife to work a late day man. Then I can head to the range and get some trigger time.
OORAH! SEMPER FI!
Call Me Keith!
1 Round Varmint War!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users