• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting ,and hog hunting with my dogs.

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:14 AM

took a little time to build a load for the little 223. after some help from shooter john ,i got a couple loads that will do the trick. for the 40 grain v-max,26.5 gr of H335 and 55 gr sierra bthp,25.0gr of H335. for a "gopher load" 12 gr.bluedot with a 40 grain sierra blitz king almost touching the lands. all have the same poa, with a ragged 1 hole @ 100 yards. I like that h335 it meters well. other powder i tried were 8208xbr, and 4895. The 4895 shot ok ,but was a pain to get it into the case with the long grain. i didnt spend allot of time with 8208, but the loads i tried were so so. i had a new can of Benchmark ,but never got into it. Win brass, cci 400 primers.

#2 Rimrock

Rimrock

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:07 AM

:good: :good:

#3 ratassassin

ratassassin

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  • Interests:Handloading, hunting, target shooting.

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:18 AM

Congrats on your accurate loads. They'll be hell on the varmint population. I've tried Shooter John's 40 gr V-Max load and it works great. H335 performs very well in .223, although it burns dirtier than other powders such as Benchmark. Benchmark is also not temperature sensitive and its small granules meter very well without the fine dust that you'll see with H335, which hangs up on the sides of the pan sometimes from static electricity. For those reasons, I've started using Benchmark more for my .223 and .204 Ruger.

#4 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,904 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:44 AM

Nice going Eric! I too love H335, I buy the 8lb jugs. I have had no issues about the Temp with it, and with 40VMax and Nos BT's it really works well for Me. Im also interested in Benchmark, but I think util I burn up at least a half a jug of 335 I will hold off. Keep us posted on your results! I have found that I get better groups with a Fed 205M primer than say a standard CCI primer.
“Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that require every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users