Photo

Well I Decided I better get a NEW AR before YEE's Madness begins again!!!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 SCROG-DOG

SCROG-DOG

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:ALL TACTICAL MODERN AND ALMOST MODERN MILITARY HOME DEFENSE WEAPONS(FIREARMS).

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:33 AM

I have decided to either Purchase a STAG T2 16" Rifle Carbine 5.56-.223 with collapsible Stock and Parkerized Finish. Or maybe an M&P S&W AR-15 Rifle Carbine, with same Stock. Not sure which is the better weapon as far as durability goes??? I also want the tactical Barrel on either one. Since I already have all the Scopes, Lasers and Mounts, I need the other BUIS to keep my other AR operational, and if I remember right, both the STAG T2 and the M&P 15 both come with a BUIS and a Fixed Front Sight. Any reccomendations out there??? I already have plenty of the AR Raddlock Gen-X Bullet Buttons, in case I travel out of state, and require a quick FIX, LOL!!! I just want to make sure that I get the BEST most Rugged AR in this Range that I CAN. And a Carbine as well(WELL AT LEAST AS MUCH OF ONE, A ONE CAN GET FOR CALIFORNIA), Any and all suggestions are most heartily welcomed!!! My other AR, is a Built One, a CMMG LOWER, and a Spikes, Troy, GGG, Trijicon/ACOG, and an MVF-600 in Green Laser. Problem with this wonderful Gun, is it just aint Rugged enough for My Likes. But it sure makes a great Plinker and varmint Gun!!! I need something, "Should the You Know What Hits The fan, I can rely on, for Durability and functionallity, as well as lethalness, and the ability to treat a little bit roughly, and not worry about it breaking!!!" So any Suggestions are welcome, even from other Rifles(AR-15's) I have not metioned, DANIEL DEFENSE, LES BEARS, COLT, anything that others might think woulkd be worth the effort, and be able to be MADE California legal!!! So please Help Me Out, it would be much appreciated. I even found a Lewis Machine& Tool MRP Model 16 5.56 direct gas impingement CQB MRP Defender that looks Good as well, no price though??? Or a S&W M&P 15 MOE MID has a mid length gas system, 16" Barrel with a 1:8"th-twist 5R Rifling and a Melonite Finish, chrome lined bolt carrier and gas key, A2-style front guard, and a host of Mag-Pul Products, including:vertical grip; buttstock; Hand guard 30 rd mag(NOT IN CALI!!!) and folding rear sight, colors include Flay and Dark Flat Earth or all BLACK COLOR. Another one I found of interest was, The Nato 5.56 X 45 mm Nato-chambered VTAC II, shares the Gas System, Barrel Charecteristics and Chrome Lining as the MOE MID, but also has a VTAC/TROY 13" extreme TRX Handguard, Two 2" adjustable Piccatinny- style Rails, Geisselle Super V trigger, VTAC two point Tactical Sling, VLTOR IMOD six position Butt-Stock, VTAC LIGHT MOUNT, VTACLPSM low pro sling Mount, and outside California, comes with a 30 round PMAG. These are some of the things I have had to read through, all with no PRICES, that is why I Chose the STAG and The M&P 15 to choose from first!!! A lot of this is all FRENCH to ME!!! But I have enough Wewapons Acumen to discern most of it, so please help me answer My Questions, it would be most helpful, THANK YOU, SCROG-DOG.

#2 .22guy

.22guy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:01 PM

Paragraphs are your friend.

If you want a shtf gun I would stay away from a BB AR. Get an sks or saiga. Practice a lot, set aside 1 or 2 thousand rounds and call it good.

#3 SCROG-DOG

SCROG-DOG

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:ALL TACTICAL MODERN AND ALMOST MODERN MILITARY HOME DEFENSE WEAPONS(FIREARMS).

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:59 PM

I Already Have an AK-74, A Remington Tactical 870, A Socom II, A M1A1, Mini -30, A PS-90, an Israeli, IDI, Baby Desert Eagle .45, Pre 2004, with CCW Permit Included and several other Fire Arms, with many Thousands of Rounds of AMMO, and NO, they are not Safe Queens either,LOL. I just have an itching to get a NEW AR type rifle is All. I want one that will be extremely Rugged, and in a Fair Price range, I am looking to spend bout 900-1400 dollars( On the Credit Card of Course!!!), I mainly have to get My Wife onto My Side about this!!! We have an agreement of sorts, I can buy one GOOD GUN A YEAR, as long as She gives the Golden OK, which is kinda like waliking on Thin a Layer of Ice at times. Sometimes She can be happy about the whole thing, others, it can be like Pulling Teeth!!!

I just have to time the Question at the right Time, like when we are talking about how I have stayed Home, like a good BOY, all year long, as I do not Drink or Party in any way(Accept the Holidays, like Thanksgiving, Christmas and New years Eve, or My or her B-Day), this approach usually captures the Day for Me!!! I would much rather have a NEW TOY,than go out Drinking and Carousing with the BROS, than not to get something I enjoy Collecting, and will have a lot of Good old fashioned Fun Using!!! Not that hanging with the Bros is a bad way to spend the Day/Weekend, Fishing and such...but at 44, I no longer have the desire to Hang like this aymore, for about 6-7 years now to be exact. I know, I must sound like an utter Party Pooper, but a new Weapon, is worth it to Me, as it is a Hobby, I can do it with my Wife, and Our Times Together(SHE LIKES SHOOTING AND GUN WORK AS WELL!!!) So any suggestions would be greatly Appreciated, I already have some GOOD IDEAS, but would appreciate some more knowledgeable input into the decision on the purchase of a NEW, Reliable, RUGGED, Easy to use, but Advanced and Very Modern as well AR-15 or M-4orgery, if any would care to open UP, I would greatly appreciate IT. Thank You, SINCERELY, SCROG-DOG. :good:

#4 Lang

Lang

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Interests:Cars,Trucks,Firearms,Computers,Doberman Pinchers

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:20 PM

Since your wife is involved in the purchase, may I suggest that you purchase a "Stag" complete lower, that is of course if you do not wish to put it together yourself(stripped lower,lower parts kit,buttstock of your choice)and then at a later date purchase a Stag complete upper of your choice and presto you have a complete firearm.Of course you will also need a bullet button, so depending on where you buy your parts, you can have a Stag for right around a grand and it was not all spent at once. Your wife may see this a little easier than if you just go out and drop say $12-13 hundred all at once. I personally do not care for the S&W, my choice has been Stag. I have been purchasing my parts at http://www.riflegear.com/ and this is what I base my cost on. Your cost my differ.

#5 SCROG-DOG

SCROG-DOG

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:23 PM

Thanks Lang, I got The Stag. My Wife is Cool about it. It'll come All Compliant(OF COURSE), and i will Be happy. Wife maybe not so much so. Oh Well! Thanks for Your Suggestion, I was just Not in The Mood To Build an Entire "Next M-4", My Self. Been there Done that. I heard Others as well, that sais STAG over S&W MP-15. So I think I made the Smarter Choice. Take Care, SCROG-DOG.

#6 Lang

Lang

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Interests:Cars,Trucks,Firearms,Computers,Doberman Pinchers

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:45 PM

I'm happy it worked out for you.

#7 docskinner

docskinner

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:Learning to navigate Cali hunting laws &amp; Regs. <br />Hunting, shooting, fishing.<br />

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:14 PM

thinking teh same - just bought a S&W AR sporter for myslef for my bday. Good basic gun. WIll probably monsterman the grip and get rid of the BB. Then I can use my old "HiCap" (aka standard cap) mags from way back. An in a SHTF scenario, dropping teh MM is faster than teh BB...

#8 Kephers

Kephers

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and Shooting

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:07 PM

I'm thinking the same. I need an AR. I got my wife one. But I want one too now :) shes cool with it too.
OORAH! SEMPER FI!
Call Me Keith!
1 Round Varmint War!

#9 SCROG-DOG

SCROG-DOG

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:07 PM

Get It Now!!! While Your Wife Is Cool With It, These Things Sometimes Have Their Own Internal Time Limits, With OUR Wives!!! So Move Fast My Friend!!! TAKE CARE, SCROG-DOG.

#10 Kephers

Kephers

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

haha I know right?
OORAH! SEMPER FI!
Call Me Keith!
1 Round Varmint War!

#11 SCROG-DOG

SCROG-DOG

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:21 PM

Yupp, Do It Now!!! My Wife Actually, Will Occasionally, Pretend That She Does Not Remember Giving Me The Green Light To Make Certain Purchases, But She Always Breaks Down And Laughs When She Sees The Look Of Disbelief/Horror That Are In My Eyes!!! So When She Says, That My Requisition Order That I Had Tendered Her Weeks Prior, Was Now Given The Go Ahead By A Higher Rank On This Matter(MY WIFE). :yahoo: Well Get The Stuff NOW!!! SCROG-DOG

#12 Kephers

Kephers

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:51 PM

Yeah I'm gonna do it. I got a bonus coming soon :P I also want to do a pig hunt. Will be like 500 for the hunt, 200 for the butcher and a little tip. So I'm gonna have to decide. Pig or lower? hmmm
OORAH! SEMPER FI!
Call Me Keith!
1 Round Varmint War!

#13 SCROG-DOG

SCROG-DOG

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:27 PM

Get The Lower, The Pigs Will Always Be There. The Next Time You Decide To Buy A Lower, It May Be Too Late, Due To New Laws, Wifes Changing Of mind, ETC...Get The Lower, And Be The Happier For doing Eat, Plus, Once The Pig Is Long Gone(EATEN,GIVEN AWAY,ETC), You'll Still Have The Lower, Forever, And The Pigs Will Still Be There!!! Take Care. SINCERELY, SCROG-DOG.

#14 Kephers

Kephers

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:26 PM

was thinking of getting a spikes tactical zombie lower receiver. Anyone familiar with these?
OORAH! SEMPER FI!
Call Me Keith!
1 Round Varmint War!

#15 SCROG-DOG

SCROG-DOG

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:16 PM

I have a Spikes Upper On My M-4,works well!!! Do not know about the Spikes Lower Though!!! The UPPER Works Great, No problems as of yet! Take Care, SCROG-DOG.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users