• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mackeralboy

mackeralboy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Interests:Hunting anything above or below the water. Kayaking, Backpacking, Scuba, Surfing, anything outdoors.

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:08 PM

So after 20 some odd years of reloading I finally got fed up trimming all my cases by hand and I broke down and bought a powered case prep unit. I've been using it for the last two days and I kick myself in the @$$ now that I didn't buy one sooner. I actually don't dread prepping cases anymore.
Posted Image

#2 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,095 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:11 AM

Will your Hornady prep center taer universal shell holders? Or do you have to use all Hornady like the Hand trimmer? Also is it easy to set up?

#3 mackeralboy

mackeralboy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Interests:Hunting anything above or below the water. Kayaking, Backpacking, Scuba, Surfing, anything outdoors.

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:32 AM

OOMofo,
The shell holders don't appear to be universal, meaning that other brands won't work with this trimmer as the center holes on them don't have a large enough diameter.
As far as set up it seems pretty straight forward. I had it up and running within a half hour of opening the box and that included reading the 3-4 pages of instructions. Once I set the depth on the plunger for the case trimmer it was dead on and has maintained a constant trim length for about 200 cases now.
Over all I'm pretty stoked with it as it has cut my case prep time in at least half.

#4 GSH

GSH

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, (deer, elk, turkey, upland bird) wanting to get into predator hunting, fishing, mules and packing, fly rc airplanes, ride bicycle, both road and mtb. I also, along with my wife , build western cowboy spurs.

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:07 AM

If your still on the high of the new machine, I have a few cases I could let you do. lol

#5 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,655 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:14 AM

Nice machine. Anything that cuts prep time is a God send. The Hornady machine looks very well built.

#6 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,833 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:36 AM

When do you want to do mine,.I hate reloading and also hate making up arrows. An evil that must be done .. Looks like a good set up. :good:

#7 DirtyDave

DirtyDave

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:04 PM

I'll be right over with my cases...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users