• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mackeralboy

mackeralboy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Interests:Hunting anything above or below the water. Kayaking, Backpacking, Scuba, Surfing, anything outdoors.

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:08 PM

So after 20 some odd years of reloading I finally got fed up trimming all my cases by hand and I broke down and bought a powered case prep unit. I've been using it for the last two days and I kick myself in the @$$ now that I didn't buy one sooner. I actually don't dread prepping cases anymore.
Posted Image

#2 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,946 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:11 AM

Will your Hornady prep center taer universal shell holders? Or do you have to use all Hornady like the Hand trimmer? Also is it easy to set up?
“Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that require every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen.”

#3 mackeralboy

mackeralboy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Interests:Hunting anything above or below the water. Kayaking, Backpacking, Scuba, Surfing, anything outdoors.

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:32 AM

OOMofo,
The shell holders don't appear to be universal, meaning that other brands won't work with this trimmer as the center holes on them don't have a large enough diameter.
As far as set up it seems pretty straight forward. I had it up and running within a half hour of opening the box and that included reading the 3-4 pages of instructions. Once I set the depth on the plunger for the case trimmer it was dead on and has maintained a constant trim length for about 200 cases now.
Over all I'm pretty stoked with it as it has cut my case prep time in at least half.

#4 GSH

GSH

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, (deer, elk, turkey, upland bird) wanting to get into predator hunting, fishing, mules and packing, fly rc airplanes, ride bicycle, both road and mtb. I also, along with my wife , build western cowboy spurs.

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:07 AM

If your still on the high of the new machine, I have a few cases I could let you do. lol

#5 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,216 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:14 AM

Nice machine. Anything that cuts prep time is a God send. The Hornady machine looks very well built.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#6 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,716 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:36 AM

When do you want to do mine,.I hate reloading and also hate making up arrows. An evil that must be done .. Looks like a good set up. :good:
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#7 DirtyDave

DirtyDave

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:04 PM

I'll be right over with my cases...
Hic Ego Statio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users