#1 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:Fishing shooting History and eating what I catch or shoot

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:47 AM

After reading some posts in this forum and seeing some of the pictures, I've decided I need one of these cameras [maybe a couple of them]. I mostly want to put them on my property so I can find out what kind of critters my dog is barking at during the night. From reading the posts, I get the idea that some cameras flash like a regular camera and some have IR [infra red?] that doesn't scare the critters. I'd appreciate any advice on equipment types, brands, and where to buy. Many thanks.

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,500 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:59 PM

The flash doesn't scare the animals it attracts thieves. If you buy an IR camera get one with the totally black no red flash. The IR with the red flash can still be seen and stolen. The true white flash units are fine for your own property and give a true color picture at night. The IR cameras give black and white pictures at night.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 outdoorsman

outdoorsman

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:28 PM

$50 at Walmart and they have removable SD cards. I have 2 and they do just fine for me. Deer, racoons, pigs, turkeys, mountain lion, bear, other people have all shown up on mine. The units can take still pics or video, and are easy to set. :good:

#4 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:Fishing shooting History and eating what I catch or shoot

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:56 PM

Many thanks for the info. I'm going to do some shoping now. I'll get back to you, maybe with more questions, maybe to show you some pictures.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users