• PipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:49 PM

Quite simple but very tasty

Balsamic vinegar
Olive oil
Worcheshire sauce
Minced garlic and some rosemary

I use my meat tenderizer to try and make the meat more porous and I am two nights in a row successful.

#2 DirtyDave

DirtyDave

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:51 PM

Lazy man's version of what you posted: Italian Salad Dressing. Tastes pretty damn good.
Hic Ego Statio

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,314 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:25 PM

I've used a marinade very close to what you mentioned with the addition of some of Dave's Italian Dressing and pineapple juice. I have a jaccard meat tenderizer like you mentioned but only use it on the very toughest of meats. I find it causes all of the juices of the meat to run out when cooking. But for tough pieces of steak I feel you can only help them and a good marinade can sure help too. I like to add some pineapple or papaya juice into the mix and marinade by vacuum sealing the steak into a mason jar or a sealer bag. It really helps to get the marinade into the meat quicker. If I use the bag I let the steak sit in the marinade at least overnight. You can freeze them in the marinade too. It also works with dry seasoning rubs to prepare them before sealing and then freeze immediately.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#4 terrace

terrace

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:hunt fish travel

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:15 PM

sounds good for chicken.
but here in Santa Maria its garlic, salt ,pepper and red oak only

#5 sxshooter

sxshooter

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Interests:sxs smallbore shotguns .410 in particular, bird dogs, aviation, BBQ, grilling, photography, red wines, craft beers

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:55 PM

Santa Maria is the standard by which all others will be judged. Hard to beat that red oak flavor.

I do go off the reservation a bit on my tri-tips. I use a marinade by John Henry's called Texas Brisket. I put half John Henry's Texas Brisket Marinade and half beef broth then a few strips of hickory or mohagany smoked bacon in a saucepan and simmer. This makes a great Au Jus and marinade. I cool the mixture and inject it into the tri-tips. :smiley-outta-here:

Additionally, I put the rub by John Henry's on the outside and let it marinate. I sear the meat then slow smoke it over mesquite for an hour or til proper temp.
It's not about how many, it's about how.
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog or gun

Maintain a balance of nature, use a beautiful gun when shooting a beautiful bird

#6 seebass

seebass

Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting, Arm Wrestling, Camping and Cooking

Posted 09 September 2012 - 06:37 PM

My Chicken usually gets Italian, and my meat get Chakka's MMM MMM sauce.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users