#1 mtn dog

mtn dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting.
    Other interests:
    My family, writing, photography, 2nd Amendment.
    Looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible.

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:03 AM

Taking delivery of a new F150 FX4 Screw cab this week. Finally getting a truck after being an SUV guy before. :yahoo:

I know I want a sprayed-in bedliner, NOT a drop-in liner. Anybody have recommendations on the best spray-in liner?

All I know at the moment is that Ford charges $495 and the dealership uses a local shop for that. I do not know what the dealer's choice is yet and I need info from your good and bad experiences before I decide.

LOL! If I had the $$$ I'd almost be tempted to coat the whole darn vehicle and never worry about scratches, tree pitch, bird poo or much of anything else :rofl2: but this week it will only be the 6 1/2 bed!
What should I know so I get the best protection without getting ripped off?
"If we make enough laws, we can all be criminals."

#2 Mutt

Mutt

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:39 AM

I have rhino liner in my tundra. I like it no issues with it at all.

If they came up with a vaccine for stupid the unemployment rate would go up - all them fine politicians would be outta work!

#3 BPS

BPS

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
  • Interests:Predator Calling, Squirrel Shooting, Reloading

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:52 PM

I went with Arma Coating on my 07 Screw, I think I paid $400 for my 6 1/2' bed. Lifetime warranty is a big plus.

Lee

#4 GSH

GSH

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, (deer, elk, turkey, upland bird) wanting to get into predator hunting, fishing, mules and packing, fly rc airplanes, ride bicycle, both road and mtb. I also, along with my wife , build western cowboy spurs.

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:07 AM

I've had Rhino lining in my Dodge for 11 years still in real good condition, also life time warranty.

#5 mtn dog

mtn dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts
    Other interests:

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:19 AM

Anybody have Line-X?

#6 sxshooter

sxshooter

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • Interests:sxs smallbore shotguns .410 in particular, bird dogs, aviation, BBQ, grilling, photography, red wines, craft beers

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:56 AM

A lot of the members of the GM Truck forum have Rhino and seem happy with it. A friend has one of the major brands in his truck, but didn't get the UV protection. The black coating comes off on your clothes if you crawl up in the bed. You end up looking like a coal miner.

Here's a link to an article by a GM Truck forum member.
http://www.gm-trucks...2/04/02/line_x/
It's not about how many, it's about how.
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog or gun

Maintain a balance of nature, use a beautiful gun when shooting a beautiful bird

#7 mtn dog

mtn dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts
    Other interests:

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:51 AM

A lot of the members of the GM Truck forum have Rhino and seem happy with it. A friend has one of the major brands in his truck, but didn't get the UV protection. The black coating comes off on your clothes if you crawl up in the bed. You end up looking like a coal miner.

Just to clarify... When you said "The black coating comes off on your clothes if you crawl up in the bed. You end up looking like a coal miner." are you referring to the guy's truck who did not get the UV protection... or spray bedliners in general?

#8 sxshooter

sxshooter

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • Interests:sxs smallbore shotguns .410 in particular, bird dogs, aviation, BBQ, grilling, photography, red wines, craft beers

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:14 AM

I believe he didn't get the UV added protection. His bed is exposed year round. Just my 2 cents, but I'd put a rubber bed mat on top of any spray-in liner. Easier on these old knees and nothing comes off them. On my last two trucks, I didn't go with spray-in lining. Just a bed mat, but I have a topper and also a set of gun drawers.

Posted Image

Since this picture was taken, I have taken a full bed mat and trimmed it to the size of the top of those drawers and screwed it down along the edges.

Maintain a balance of nature, use a beautiful gun when shooting a beautiful bird

#9 andy1621

andy1621

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Interests:Retired-Catching up on life (Hunting, Rv'ing, Friends, Family & an occasional BEER!)

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:56 PM

Anybody have Line-X?

Have it shot in my 2002 SuperCrew. 10 years no problems.
Tough as nails. Non-slip texture can be hard on bare knees though! :good:

#10 mtn dog

mtn dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts
    Other interests:

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:09 PM

My brother recommended Campways Truck Accessories (various locations) and their spray-in product call FMJ (Full Metal Jacket)?

I had never heard of that one. Anyone shop at Campways for truck stuff?

#11 sxshooter

sxshooter

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:53 AM

I found this about FMJ http://www.specialty...acket-bedliner/

#12 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, camping, scuba diving, American Revolution living history, fishing, ham radio.

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:52 AM

Anybody have Line-X?

Yes I have the Line-X. I have had it for several years. It is durable and looks good. Have not had any problems with it. Unlike a rubber mat though things will slide around on it unless they are something that provides more friction such as wood, rubber, etc. You have to tie down plastic coolers, gas cans, etc because the liner is not good at holding them in place as you go around the corner. Also, loading and unloading furniture must be done more carefully because the liner is like super sandpaper. Dragging your bookshelf towards the tail gate to unload it will result in significant sanding action on it.

But the price was good, it is very durable, it looks nice, and has held up well.

#13 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:20 AM

Just now seeing this thread, and want to say Congratulations on your new truck, Ken... That is awesome indeed!

Well, first, I had the Rhino in my previous 2000 Dodge Ram 4x4 and it served me well. It did fade over time, but there may be some kind of spray or coating I could have put on it to keep it fresher looking? But I never did (look into that).

However, in my 2012 Tundra 4x4 (nearly 8 months old now), I went with Toyota's rubber mat, and so far I like it much better than any spray in job. It is quieter and NOTHING slides around, unlike my sprayed in bed liner. I mean, it's almost like anything you put in it, it is STUCK right there. Almost! I do not have to tie anything down except a water jug full of water. So my experience with a rubber mat is much different than Jason's and not sure why though? Anyway, all I know is, my rubber mat works GREAT & won't be going back to any type of spray in liner soon.

Good Luck on what ever you decide

p.s. I do have a Snug Top Lid on my truck. Not sure if that would matter or not though??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users