• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 dangerranger

dangerranger

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Interests:I am a shooter first and then a hunter. I shoot competitively, most recently in the American Single Shot Association. I have also shot Cowboy action, Silhoettes,etc.. I like to build guns as a hobby.

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:04 PM

I got to try some today! Awhile back I tried the agilla colibrae and Supper Colibrae without much faith that I could hit anything with it let alone kill anything. The CCI Quiet wasn't like that at all! I shot two 1/2" groups with open sights at 15 and 30yds. Tomorrow its ground squirrels at 30 paces. Oh and the wife was on the porch talking to her sister on the phone, She didn't even know I was shooting from 50yds away. DR

#2 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:20 PM

Now that sounds like the stuff I need at my cabin. I hve a safe diretion for shooting,but have some folks that get upset with the death of the poor little animals.

#3 dangerranger

dangerranger

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Interests:I am a shooter first and then a hunter. I shoot competitively, most recently in the American Single Shot Association. I have also shot Cowboy action, Silhoettes,etc.. I like to build guns as a hobby.

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:55 AM

That's my reason exactly. There are a couple that are Bird Biologists that live just over the hill from me. If they hear shots they fake some kind of interest to see what I'm doing . And they always find some way to remind me that Woodpeckers are federally protected. This ammo is quieter than a spring air gun by a long shot!

Now for some reason the squirrels must have gotten word that I have a new secret weapon because Ive not seen one out yet today!

#4 tonyd

tonyd

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:22 PM

I wonder how it works in a simi-auto, does it pack enough to cycle correctly.

#5 dangerranger

dangerranger

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:06 PM

It hits with enough authority to make my swingers flip over. The Agilla stuff just made them move a little. Ill put a couple of rounds in a marlin 60 and see what happens. DR

#6 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,683 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:45 PM

It wouldn't fully cycle my 10/22 or Nylon 66. But it is really quiet. I slipped in a normal long rifle and my friend thought something happened to his gun. :lol:

#7 dangerranger

dangerranger

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:38 PM

I put three in my Model 60, and they wouldn't even move the bolt back a little. It was quieter out of the longer barrel tho. DR

#8 dangerranger

dangerranger

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:41 PM

Today I got to shoot some more. They shoot better out of my Stevens favorite. With the longer barrel they are quieter yet! I'm liking these quite a bit! DR

#9 Rob

Rob

The Varmint Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:28 AM

OK guys....I got mine ordered from Midway for my little Remmy 541 bolt action. Just the ticket for around the barn and near livestock...no more imu stampeeds.

#10 dangerranger

dangerranger

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:39 AM

As long as your gun will shoot it well it should work. my wife's cats barely even look up. DR

#11 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:01 PM

Those would be nice for hunting gray squirrels. Are any stores carrying them yet or is it still a mail order item?

#12 Rob

Rob

The Varmint Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:47 PM

News form SoCal
I sighted in the CCI Quiet ammo at 25 yards...I know...not much of a challenge.
I got groups good enough to clean out a barn full of varmints.
Much less noise...but not like the movies when the secret agents go puttt-poof-putt with secret agent pistols.
For me it has a purpose and now I have dedicated bolt action rifle for this stuff.
This is surely a step up from my springer FWB 22 pellet gun and has a higher rate of fire than the single cocking air rifle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users