#1 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Fishing shooting History and eating what I catch or shoot

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:26 AM

I'm buying a Gator soon so I can go to some of the places I used to drive or hike to. I'm reading on this forum about needing an Off Road Sticker to drive off road. I'd appreciate an explanation about the sticker and where it's needed. 20 to 40 years ago, I drove and hiked on some pretty hard-to see roads or no roads at all. I guess things are different now.

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,314 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:02 PM

First of all you can't use an off-road vehicle or motorcycle just anywhere so you should see if the area you want to use even allows them. Now for the reading portion of the answer. Just read theis and it will explain the stickers used in California.

http://www.riderplan...t_or_Ticket.htm

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,790 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:31 PM

Wow, that is good info. Sure glad it came up here. I've read the info and now need to check to see if I hve he sticker on my ATV. Danged if I remember if it is thee or not.
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#4 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,973 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:01 PM

I had to laugh at the part: Are they using this money against Me? LOL I think that they are using most of the Money to print those nice little signs that I saw everywhere last week. ' Road closed to vehicle use'.
“Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that require every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen.”

#5 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Fishing shooting History and eating what I catch or shoot

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:02 PM

Ahoy there, Shooter John,
I guess I shouldn't be surprised to learn that I have to register a vehicle that isn't street legal and that I have to pay a tax on it as well. Thanks for sending the link to the 'riderplan' site. I see that the "Stick It or Ticket" article is about two and a half years old. I suppose I'll find out from DMV what the current charge is. Are there maps available from BLM, Forest Service, or whoever that show which public land I can use my new toy on?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users