8 replies to this topic

#1 zippy1970

zippy1970

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:32 PM

Well I watched it again but they moved its airing day to Mons 130pm PST .

This episode started off with Squerrel hunting . Liked that part . The guy also was using dogs .

Andy

#2 zippy1970

zippy1970

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:12 PM

Just watched another episode :

How to maintain your air gun .

What a PCP is ( pumps & tanks , etc )

Andy .

#3 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • Interests:I've got so many I couldn't list them all. :)

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:44 PM

I've been catching the episodes on YouTube since I don't get the Pursuit Channel. I like some of it, but I think they need to perhaps edit it a little bit better (or perhaps work with one extra camera). It is nice to see airgunning getting some air time though. :)

#4 zippy1970

zippy1970

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:38 PM

I like some of it, but I think they need to perhaps edit it a little bit better (or perhaps work with one extra camera). It is nice to see airgunning getting some air time though. :)

I feel the same . they did show hunting in a few . hunting Boas in the swamp was funny .

The tech tips , seem really good .

Could lose the corny competition .

Andy

#5 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:05 PM

I totally agree. The competition part of it is pretty corny. Especially since it doesn't seem like they let the competitors learn to use the guns ahead of time. I think it would be better if they would concentrate on perhaps the hunting, airgun information and tech talk. If they are trying to be similar to Top Shot, they are falling way, Way short.

I think they could bring allot more airgunners to the sport if they would concentrate on showing the effectiveness of the different airguns for hunting, but that is just my two cents. ;)

#6 zippy1970

zippy1970

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:29 PM

Air Rifle Hunter :

DO you know of or remember the Air Gun magazine that came out for a short run ? I heard they stop selling mags . Lou Ferrigno or Frank Stalone was on the cover . It was a bi or tri monthly mag . Only a few stands in my area carried 2-3 issues & they tend to sell out .

That was a great mag . gave alot of info on all air guns . I remember an article that was in it about the " 777 " . Forget from who , was the most accurate BB gun out there .

Andy

#7 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,305 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:15 AM

Wasn't that Airgun Illustrated.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#8 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:41 AM

I know that currently you can get either Airgun World or Air Gunner magazine subscriptions. I'm not sure about Airgun Illustrated, but ShooterJohn is most likely right about that being the one that you can't get any longer. The other two I mentioned I know can be gotten digitally (digital subscription), but I don't know about hard copies. I've been thinking of subscribing to one of them, but I don't get much time to read book or magazines these days. Most of my reading is looking up information on the net (or forums :) ).

#9 zippy1970

zippy1970

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:27 PM

Any one watch that last episode ? Aired the other day .

They did a really good interview with the man that started " dang , can't remember the co name " , Umerex ? . He was a Polish born , going through Russia & saw the IZH? ## . That was the begining to his end . He never saw anything like it & wanted more . They did a great " background " on the Co & his employees too . Showing how they will do custom " bullets " , Hollow points out of solids ,...

My favorite quote was from his father . " If it is hard / difficult give me 5 minutes . If it's impossible , give me 7 minutes . "

That's a man with determination . And that was what he did . He got all of the airguns from around the world and brought them to America & his staff is trained to support all of them .

Andy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users