Photo

Federal Heavyweight Shotshells For Geese Or Predators.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dabob

dabob

Bob Morris Foxpro Field Staff

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts
  • Interests:Shooting Sporting Clays, Trap and Skeet, Hunting and Fishing

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:43 PM

http://www.rogersspo...tshell-12-ga-3-

These shells are no longer being made. Rogers price is very low and you can't beat free shipping. Rogers also has the Federal 3-1/2" Heavyweight #2s on sale with free shipping.

I got the 4 cases of 3" Federal Heavyweight 1-1/4 oz of #2s that I ordered. Federal says that this Heavyweight shot is 35% denser than lead. I removed the #2 Heavyweight shot from 6 boxes of the shells and weighed some of it. Federal Heavyweight shot IS HEAVY! I thought the Remington HD and Hevi-Shot was pretty heavy, the Federal Heavyweight shot is MUCH heavier.

Posted Image

I weighed some lead copper coated # 2s and there was 90 pellets per ounce, the above chart shows lead has 88 pellets per ounce. Remington HD #2s has right at 81 pellets per ounce. The Federal Heavyweight #2s that I weighed had 60 pellets per ounce. I could tell they were much heavier when I put a few of the Heavyweight pellets in my hand.

I am going to reload some 3" 1-1/2 oz #2 Heavyweight loads for coyotes and the 3rd shot on geese.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImageTen Percent FirearmsServing California with all of their firearms needs - or contact us by email.

#2 KNOCKED UP

KNOCKED UP

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, archery,Reloading.
    Harley Davidson Motorcycles, and good people
    RETIRED

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:45 AM

Good information Bob,
Thanks
Tom

Life on earth is temporary, Choose your destiny Wisely.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users