8 replies to this topic

#1 gotsch

gotsch

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:43 PM

Well its been several months of progress but I think she's all done. All I gotta do now is go and break the barrel in and sight in the glass. I went with the heavy barrel (24") to reach out a little further. That in turn forced me to go with a magpul prs stock. Magpul trigger guard (cold weather coyote hunting gloves should fit nice). Weaver tactical scope 50 MOA adjustable. 6 screw rings on a picatunny riser.

And - just thought I'd throw the good old 308 in the pic too. Also 24" barrel with a leupold mark 4 on it.

Attached Files

#2 dirtgimp

dirtgimp

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:03 AM

good looking rifles . . . .

#3 KNOCKED UP

KNOCKED UP

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, archery,Reloading.
    Harley Davidson Motorcycles, and good people
    RETIRED

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:31 AM

Very nice.
Tom

Life on earth is temporary, Choose your destiny Wisely.

#4 chuckocaster

chuckocaster

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, music, cooking.

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:35 AM

Rawk on!

#5 gotsch

gotsch

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:08 PM

Thank-you all. Time to go knock down a yote

#6 rustygun

rustygun

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • Interests:All types of hunting, but mostley small game, varmints and predators. X-Military (Army) 20 years. Been away from the hunting game for almost 22 years

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:52 AM

We will be waiting to see it's first song dog.

#7 gotsch

gotsch

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:47 PM

Well... Took her to the range today for the first time, she shot really good, I'm happy with it. Started at the 50 yard line just to see where i was on the paper (first shot was about 1.5 feet low) turned the turret about the full turns and only about an inch off from there. Ended up putting about 5 boxes of ammo down range, good day. At 100 yards I'm about 2 inches high, good enough.

Went to Bass Pro Shop in Manteca the other day to look into getting a set of shooting sticks (Bi ~ not the mono stick). They're like $80 for a half good set. I don't see why, they're aluminum poles with a split at the top. Not paying that much for them. So then i stopped at lowes on the way home (keep in mind that i only want these for predator hunting ...sitting position... got two wooden dowels drilled some holes about an inch from the top (cut probably 5 inches off both of them) drilled some holes and ran 550 cord through them back to itself with about 4 inches of space between the top of dowels. I'll tell you what, for spending $6 at lowes, I'll give this a shot. bad thing is they are only one stationary heighth.

#8 GSH

GSH

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, (deer, elk, turkey, upland bird) wanting to get into predator hunting, fishing, mules and packing, fly rc airplanes, ride bicycle, both road and mtb. I also, along with my wife , build western cowboy spurs.

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:33 AM

Cut them for sitting height and then spend another $6 and cut those for prone height, still money ahead.

#9 gotsch

gotsch

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:10 PM

Can see myself walking around a field with 25 sticks hanging around me. That'd be awesome. :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users