The Varmint Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:28 AM

OK guys...send me all the "dumb guy" email on this one. :1087:
Topic: OC Pepper Spray - the misting fogger type

The story begins like this...
I received this package on Friday from a security company, three cans of OC - Pepper Spray - The new mist/fog variety.
I cut the medium sized spray cans off the plastic cards and distributed them round my house.
I put one in the garage as well. We like to have choices in our personal defense planning.

OK - Time for a test....right :blink:
This morning with a zero wind condition I figured this was the perfect time for a short test. So far everything is going according to plan.
I did a small 2 second burst out in front of my condo garage. The misting fog affect was new to me and I wanted to test the pattern.
The spray comes out like a very fine mist...travels 15 ft.....All was good in the hood...
A few seconds later....
I am impressed with the product…but it sort of followed me back into my garage. I got a small dose and the OC reaction followed.
:014: Coughing....the whole 9 yards. I retreated and hope nobody saw what I just did to myself... :signlol2iu:

It gets worse...
What really surprised me is that my wife came downstairs several minutes later.
She walked out in front of the garage waiting for me to pull out the car on our way to Home Depot.
HOLLY CRAP...she too started to cough and have nasal reactions. This is several minutes later.....GADS ZOOKS

I signaled my wife to leave the immediate area because I didn't want to shout out...."Hay honey....I just shot myself and you with Pepper Spray to have fun on a Sunday morning at 9:00 am." Some of my neighbors may not have understood my testing protocol.
I got her in the car and we drove down the road a little. Once we drank two bottles of water and used ten tissues each we could not help but to break out in tremendous laughter...I don't know if we were crying because the OC or because I really stepped in it..
:1087:

Ok...OK...The mist/fog product is not controllable for us. I failed and can admit it!
Save yourself and pass on this experience...OK?

In a threat situation: This interesting testing protocol and experience highlighted that we could be fogging ourselves and the perp if we were ever to use this…..this was not my original plan.
I came away with this conclusion: My test went way beyond my original intensions. :doh[1]:

Long story....I do not recommend the mist/fog version of the pepper spray (OC) for the rest of you guys.

#2 KNOCKED UP

KNOCKED UP

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, archery,Reloading.
    Harley Davidson Motorcycles, and good people
    RETIRED

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:39 PM

ROTFLMAO!!
Tom

#3 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:57 PM

If that was just pepper spray, I can't wait to hear how you test out a new gun!!! :roflmao3[1]:

#4 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:40 PM

That was hilarious...... (including testing a new gun) :lol: Oh, and thanks for the tip, Rob :good:

#5 Rob

Rob

The Varmint Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:58 PM

Frank & Bisley..I had the sneaky feeling that you guys would have a giggle or two at my expense.
Ed must be away for the weekend or he would have a slice of me too.

Stick with the solid stream or the foam (sticky kind) of pepper spray.

You'll just have to wait on my sling shot testing for a week or so.... :crazy:

I'm not going to buy a cross bow Posted Image

#6 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:55 PM

You do know we were laughing with you and not at you, right? :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

By the way, just how comfy is the couch tonight without the wife? :rofl2:

#7 modoc squeek shooter

modoc squeek shooter

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, guns, and saddles,
    self appointed GURU of squeek shooting in Modoc County

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:04 PM

Rob! Are you still married lol.

#8 Stan

Stan

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:27 PM

A can of Wasp spray shoots 30 feet I also told my customers that wanted a non lethal a good bat for after the spraying ;)
Can you video the next Testing and post it here Purely for training only :rolleyes:
Thanks It's nice to hear Testing is still done for us all not to have to try it :good:

#9 zippy1970

zippy1970

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:29 PM

That is funny as h*** !!!! I remember back in the days when we , the store I worked at , had a " function test " for the buyers of pepper spray . Thankfully it was only water out of a hudson sprayer .

But then I got a few customers that " tested it " on themselves . And a few that were accidentily discharged in a car / truck . Those were the greatest .

My brother can tell you how good the Taser he bought was . One night his wife questioned it . And he had her test it on him . He said that was the worst thing he had experianced at the time . Can't explain the other experiances he has had .

Andy

#10 rustygun

rustygun

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • Interests:All types of hunting, but mostley small game, varmints and predators. X-Military (Army) 20 years. Been away from the hunting game for almost 22 years

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:48 AM

Would have made a great vidio I'm sure. Looks like the misting spray is NOT the way to go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users