4 replies to this topic

#1 Sct

Sct

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:05 AM

im looking at a 2006 660 grizzly i live a 6200 feet and go up from there will this need major re jetting? also it has 3000k miles on it is that alot?

#2 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:22 PM

I think that is a lot for a quad but not too sure, but imagine traveling 3000 milesin the dirt, that is a lot of hours. If you are at higher elevations you should try and find a quad or side by side that is EFI.
  • CoyoteHuntress likes this

#3 BCF

BCF

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Dirtbike riding. Anything outdoors. CNC programmer by trade.

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:22 AM

If the bike was owned by a kid and looks thrashed and unmaintained than 3000 miles is a lot. If it was owned by an adult who cared for it and did regular oil changes and maintenance, than in my opinion, 3000 miles is barely broken in and I wouldn't worry at all about those miles. There's guys with 20,000 miles on their offroad bikes with original top end and they run great because they were cared for.

If it was jetted for sea level, then you should rejet for 6200 feet for it to run and start well. In reality, it should start and run without rejetting, but it won't run great- it will feel boggy like you have the choke pulled out. I've always just changed the main jet, and bike is good to go throughout the entire range. For the right price, I'd consider buying it....in fact been thinking of getting one to save gas money on the truck.

I've never had a bike or quad with EFI so I can't really comment on that.

#4 SubmarinerE8

SubmarinerE8

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Huntin, shootin, fishin, RV'n, grandkids.

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

I have a 2004 grizzly special edition... it only has 560 miles on it..... and looking to sell it for the right price. I already have an offer at $5000 for the quad and it's 5' x 8' trailer...

And it's in pristine condition with winch, hydraulic lift, lockers, and all the other accessories. u can see it on craig's list.

#5 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

Put it this way.... Ive used my quad ALOT for hunting... It currently has 2300 miles on it.. Its an 04 bought brand new off the lot.. Yes 3000 is alot, however so much depends on how well it was cared for    Mine is in great shape... no problems, well maintained...

However I would defintely go with EFI....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users