• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 GSH

GSH

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, (deer, elk, turkey, upland bird) wanting to get into predator hunting, fishing, mules and packing, fly rc airplanes, ride bicycle, both road and mtb. I also, along with my wife , build western cowboy spurs.

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:35 AM

I just put a Kimber Ultra Covert II, 45 acp in lockup, get her out August 5th. Start my ccw process on the 8th with first interview with the SO at 0730 and the required class that night.

#2 dangerranger

dangerranger

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Interests:I am a shooter first and then a hunter. I shoot competitively, most recently in the American Single Shot Association. I have also shot Cowboy action, Silhoettes,etc.. I like to build guns as a hobby.

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:39 PM

One of my sons has the Kimber Ultra Carry and just loves it. after shooting it a couple of times I can see why! I hope you like yours as well. I'm just finishing a new carry gun for myself. But its more of a pocket pistol size. Its a Beretta 1935 in 380 cal. It was in pretty sad shape when I found it. Someone had spilled a soda on it and left it in its bag till it was heavily rusted. It had all of its markings scrubbed off after WWII [ probably nazi marked]. Its about ready for the bluing tank now. I used to have a nice one in 32 acp till the wife saw it! they are a very handy size for every day wear. Post up a pic when its out of jail! DR

#3 Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Farming, Trucks, Sprint Car Racing, NASCAR

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:21 PM

Do you have to have any special circumstances to qualify for ccw?

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,683 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:41 PM

You need to live in a city or county that will issue you a CCW is the most important requirement.

#5 GSH

GSH

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, (deer, elk, turkey, upland bird) wanting to get into predator hunting, fishing, mules and packing, fly rc airplanes, ride bicycle, both road and mtb. I also, along with my wife , build western cowboy spurs.

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:25 PM

Breezed thru the process, Fresno County Sheriff accepts personnel protection for a reason, makes it fairly easy to get permit althrough time wise it's a few months.

#6 chuckocaster

chuckocaster

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, music, cooking.

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:03 AM

Enjoy! I LOVE my Kimber, 8,000 rounds in at it's just as accurate as the day I bought it. I have changed the aprings,, but that's it!

#7 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:37 AM

I'm actually DROSing a Kimber today. Stainless Ultra Raptor II. I'm pretty excited, and will add it to my CCW when I do my renewal course in January.

#8 GSH

GSH

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:56 AM

I'm a little slow in posting picture, but here it is, shoots like a dream, still in the breaking in with FMJ, paper work stated 400 rounds for break-in.

Attached File  IMG_0002-2.jpg   63.69KB   2 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users