• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 FUR CHASER

FUR CHASER

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Interests:Family, Hunting, Softball, Cooking and being outdoors...if there's something else, too bad I can't afford it!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:47 AM

Looking for feedback on anyone who has this rifle, esp in 30-06. My cousin is doing the 10-day dance for his and was wondering what you "experts" think or have heard about it.
THanks!

#2 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:13 AM

If he has already purchased my opinion is he is too late to ask. He already made the decision so what difference does it make now what a bunch of internet jockies think?

#3 FUR CHASER

FUR CHASER

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Interests:Family, Hunting, Softball, Cooking and being outdoors...if there's something else, too bad I can't afford it!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:30 AM

Agreed! LOL I was just asking what all my fellow jockies think. If it's good stuff, i'll be nice and tell him...if it's bad, i'll rub it in and tease him. What is family for right? LOL

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,656 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:12 PM

:smiley-funny-post-sign: That's the ticket! :good:

#5 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:01 PM

Ok, here are my thoughs. Ruger makes good products. If he likes the way it looks and feels when he shoulders, then the only issue is how it shoots. That can only be determined after he gets it to the range. I don't care what anyone says, whether it be remington, tika, winchester, etc, etc, there are going to be those rifles that just don't shoot well and others that do. Each rifle must stand on it's own.

#6 FUR CHASER

FUR CHASER

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:28 PM

Braz, you're always saying the right things. I knew i liked you and you couldn't be more right!
Well he said that he fell in love once he picked it up so i guess there's no denying that. Plus, we're in CA, it's not like he'll be shooting much more than paper with it anyhow! LOL

#7 modoc squeek shooter

modoc squeek shooter

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, guns, and saddles,
    self appointed GURU of squeek shooting in Modoc County

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:07 PM

As Braz sez Ruger makes good products. There are lots of things to hunt in Calif. if one applies himself. California is a great state, just to many liberals moved here lol. I am 5th generation, love the country, it's been good to me. I am sure your cousin will love that rifle. Ed

#8 ratassassin

ratassassin

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:Handloading, hunting, target shooting.

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:20 PM

Reported to be accurate, under 1 MOA.

http://www.gunblast....er-American.htm

http://www.shootingt...american-rifle/

http://www.fieldands...-american-rifle

http://www.gunsandam...n-rifle-review/

#9 FUR CHASER

FUR CHASER

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:25 AM

"reported to be accurate, under 1 moa" DAMNIT! i'm going to have to find something else to pick on him about LOL

Thanks guys!

#10 86mcss

86mcss

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Interests:archery, precision target shooting, hunting, fishing...everything outdoors

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:58 AM

Ill chime in once I get one. I am on a waiting list for one chambered in .270. If it works out it will take over as my primary hunting rifle.

#11 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:06 PM

I've been reading every article on this rifle I can. It seems to be quite a piece of work. let us know how they turn out. I'd like to get my hands on one someday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users