#1 treffryraxter

treffryraxter

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Interests:Things that go bang.

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:49 PM

I was told that rather than buy a used set of sticks at a lower price I would be better off to, and have more fun, make my own sticks. Well here we are:

Posted Image

thanks for the link to the DIY site
here it is again if anyone wants the destructions for it and sees this:
http://www.varmintal.com/abifu.htm
in case you are wondering why it's naked I will be getting fur from the things I shoot to line it I figure that'll be a fun way to dip my toes into skinning and using fur.

#2 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:23 PM

Good going. I have a set like that I built too. They work good.

#3 treffryraxter

treffryraxter

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Interests:Things that go bang.

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:24 PM

Thanks Bennie
John

#4 Rob

Rob

The Varmint Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:59 PM

Nice work...

#5 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,688 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:07 PM

Glad to hear you were able to make your own. I think anytime you can make something yourself you appreciate it more. Good luck with them.

#6 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, camping, scuba diving, American Revolution living history, fishing, ham radio.

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:25 AM

Congrats and nice work. I'm not very good when it comes to wood projects but this was one thing I was successfully able to construct. It was fun too!

#7 BCF

BCF

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Dirtbike riding. Anything outdoors. CNC programmer by trade.

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:29 PM

Good job. Make a couple extra sets...I've made 3. First set, I broke sitting on them- actually didn't realize but the wood I used had a crack. 2nd set, I lost- that was my favorite set. No idea how or where I lost them, but the last time I used them was shooting a coyote, so I guess I got some use out of them. 3rd set I'm using now. The first one looked like yours, 2nd time I used round dowels. 3rd set, I used round, but instead of bolting together I used paracord and sort of "wrapped" them together using the standard paracord knot everyone uses to make lanyards...if that makes sense. Worked out really well, because the same paracord that holds them together also works as a rifle rest. I'll try and post a pic. I also tied some paracord with an adjustable fisherman's knot for a sling...much worth it to be hands free carrying it. I drilled a hole at one end and put some paracord so I could tie it together in transport. I also wrapped some sport-bandage wrap to cushion between them so they don't rattle around.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users