4 replies to this topic

#1 beuller81

beuller81

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:58 AM

I am wondering if anyone local in the Sandy Eggo area has a Mathews Switchback with a 27.5 or 28 inch draw that would be willing to meet up and allow me to put a few arrows downrange with it to see if I like the feel of it?

I live in Bay Park, near PB. My schedule is fairly flexible. I can meet up at Morley Field or the 3D range in Balboa Park or at your place if you are somewhat close by.
I have be shooting compounds since I was old enough to hunt. Currently I shoot an OLD Darton Apache with a release but am considering upgrading. I have read many good things about the Switchback and would be interested in searching one out but would like to have a better idea how they feel before doing so.

PM me and we'll connect.

*** i have some family in town for this weekend but will be relatively free after that.

Thank you, Jeremiah

#2 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:13 PM

I sold my switchback a year or so ago and really liked it, I just bought a new bow to help a buddy that had just opened up an archery shop.

#3 beuller81

beuller81

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:28 AM

What did you buy? How does it compare to your Switchback?

I went to Performance Archery last week and shot the Heli-m, Z7E, a Mission, a PSE, a Limbsaver, and the Hoyt Element. I had read some good/some bad things about the Heli-m... nuthin good enough to justify $950! I did like how it felt and shot.

Did your switchback have any hand shock?

#4 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,804 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:35 AM

A c c c compound is a c c c compound .All are but ugly :bleh[1]: :P . Just messing with ya. A year or so back almost bought a bow tech. Shot real nice. But found a long bow that was looking real sexy. :653:

#5 beuller81

beuller81

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:02 AM

CAVEMAN!!! :)

I am going to try some of those Bowtechs soon. Someday I'd like to try and become skilled with a long bow. Just don't have the time to dedicate to it at this point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users