4 replies to this topic

#1 beuller81

beuller81

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:58 AM

I am wondering if anyone local in the Sandy Eggo area has a Mathews Switchback with a 27.5 or 28 inch draw that would be willing to meet up and allow me to put a few arrows downrange with it to see if I like the feel of it?

I live in Bay Park, near PB. My schedule is fairly flexible. I can meet up at Morley Field or the 3D range in Balboa Park or at your place if you are somewhat close by.
I have be shooting compounds since I was old enough to hunt. Currently I shoot an OLD Darton Apache with a release but am considering upgrading. I have read many good things about the Switchback and would be interested in searching one out but would like to have a better idea how they feel before doing so.

PM me and we'll connect.

*** i have some family in town for this weekend but will be relatively free after that.

Thank you, Jeremiah
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not. "Thomas Jefferson"

#2 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:13 PM

I sold my switchback a year or so ago and really liked it, I just bought a new bow to help a buddy that had just opened up an archery shop.

#3 beuller81

beuller81

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:28 AM

What did you buy? How does it compare to your Switchback?

I went to Performance Archery last week and shot the Heli-m, Z7E, a Mission, a PSE, a Limbsaver, and the Hoyt Element. I had read some good/some bad things about the Heli-m... nuthin good enough to justify $950! I did like how it felt and shot.

Did your switchback have any hand shock?
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not. "Thomas Jefferson"

#4 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,780 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:35 AM

A c c c compound is a c c c compound .All are but ugly :bleh[1]: :P . Just messing with ya. A year or so back almost bought a bow tech. Shot real nice. But found a long bow that was looking real sexy. :653:
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#5 beuller81

beuller81

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:02 AM

CAVEMAN!!! :)

I am going to try some of those Bowtechs soon. Someday I'd like to try and become skilled with a long bow. Just don't have the time to dedicate to it at this point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users