• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BigRagu

BigRagu

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:1. Diesel truck performance, especially the Dodge 89-93 1st Gens.<br />2. Reloading, lots and lots, but only one round @ a time.<br />3. Hunting for food 1st, then hunting for camaraderie 2nd<br />4. Camping<br />5. Involvement in my boys sporting events

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:55 PM

Been lurking on this forum last couple of days and got me all in love again w/ my Beeman rifles. Found all the original literature from when I bought the rifles from Beeman in San Rafael back in 1992. Come to find out, I had my RX converted to the RX1 w/ the special super tune and super gas. Man, I cant believe I forgot about all that. Anyway, thanks guys and gals for getting me back into a hobby I set aside for almost 20 years. My question on the RX1 is barrel swap out. Has anyone done this? Like to jump up from my .20 cal to the .25 if possible, w/ the luxury of swapping back depending on usage/hunting quarry. Seems like undo the linkage and a few nuts/bolts and it could be done unless I am missing something. Second question- anyone pressurize above the factory specs? I do have the pump and guage that accompanies the RX1 and was curious if anyone has done so. Personally, I have never even used the pump or guage.

Last question on the R10- my son accidentally pulled te trigger while in cocked position causing the barrel to slam shut and ark upwards. The safety no longer works, and their is a weird abnormal sound to the spring once fired, maybe cracked. At any case, I know these items can be repaired. Where does one send off the german made Beemans for repair these days. Parts available still? Also, Is it possible, outside of the bent barrel, to do the work on the spring and guts myself? Sorry for so many questons, and thanks in advance. BR

#2 Rob

Rob

The Varmint Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:50 AM

http://www.mac1airgun.com/index.htm

May I recommend that you start with Mac 1 Airguns. They seem to be a very well grounded air rifle center. I had them replace a seal on my old FWB 22 cal (springer) two years ago. He was also able to fit a sling system and take quite of bit of the creep out of the stock trigger. I purchased it from Beeman 30 years ago too!

He is in SoCal, but worth it. They won't do much talking on the phone due to their busy shop. You can trust them to do the right thing and to return your rifle 100 times better than you sent it!

#3 BigRagu

BigRagu

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:1. Diesel truck performance, especially the Dodge 89-93 1st Gens.<br />2. Reloading, lots and lots, but only one round @ a time.<br />3. Hunting for food 1st, then hunting for camaraderie 2nd<br />4. Camping<br />5. Involvement in my boys sporting events

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:45 AM

Got any contact info Rob?

#4 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:47 AM

Got any contact info Rob?

He put a link at the very top of his post. The blue letters :doh[1]: :lol:

#5 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,349 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:08 AM

Mac1 Airgun/McMurray & Son
Tim McMurray, Owner
13974 Van Ness Ave.
Gardena, CA 90249 USA

PHONE: 310-327-3581 FAX: 310-327-0238
HOURS: M, TU, F, SA 11:00 am - 6:00 pm PST

Call him don't email him or you may not get a response back.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#6 BigRagu

BigRagu

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:46 PM

Thanks, all, for the link to get the R10 fixed. Any thoughts on the RX1 questions?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users