TonyS

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • Interests:Birds, deer, predators

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:24 AM

Hi,

I have two pistols that I need parts for. One is a model 260 C02 cartridge model. I need the spring that holds the cartridge tight inside. The other model is an ancient pump I think model 132. I need a rear sight.

Thanks for any info.

#2 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts
  • Interests:I've got so many I couldn't list them all. :)

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:23 PM

Can you post some photos of the guns?

I tried to look up the Exploded Parts List, but they don't have them available online and it says that parts are no longer available.

You might try looking on McMasterCarr's website, if you have the old spring, looking up springs that have the same diameter and length and wire diameter and see if that will work for the mechanism.

For the rear sight, you can check on ebay, or you can sign up on the Gateway to Airguns Forum and post in the Benjamin/Crosman section to see if anyone might know where you could acquire the parts. There are quite a few very knowledgeable members over there. I'm sure someone could point you in the right direction.

#3 mackeralboy

mackeralboy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Interests:Hunting anything above or below the water. Kayaking, Backpacking, Scuba, Surfing, anything outdoors.

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:28 PM

Tony,
Tim McMurray at MAC-1 airguns http://www.mac1airgun.com/index.htm is an expert on all things Crosman and Benjamin and just about any other airgun. Being that you live in Aneheim you're not to far from his shop (Gardena). I would take the two guns down to his shop and see what he can do for you.

#4 TonyS

TonyS

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • Interests:Birds, deer, predators

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:56 PM

I found my parts from Bryan & Associates http://www.bryanandac.com/

He not only had my part but was able to answer some questions including the fact as to when the gun was made which turns out it was made before 1957. Can't wait to sight it in and look for turkeys this year.

#5 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,685 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:03 PM

I don't think a pistol would be the best choice for turkey hunting. Maybe one of the new Benjamin models. But turkeys are very tough birds and you need to make a good head shot with enough foot pounds to put them down or they'll just fly away.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#6 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts
  • Interests:I've got so many I couldn't list them all. :)

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:17 PM

Glad to hear that you were able to acquire the parts that you needed.

I have to side with ShooterJohn on this one though.

A pistol will not be the best choice for hunting turkey. I've watched videos of guys taking head shots on turkeys with .22 calibers and either they are bad shots (which if very well may be) or the guns they are using do not have enough power to properly take down a turkey. The turkeys usually fly off or flop all over the place for minutes on end.

I have seen videos of guys taking turkeys with .25 caliber air rifles and getting head shots on them and the birds just drop, never flinching. Even at 40 or 50 yards.

My suggestion would be to hunt them with nothing less than a .22 caliber air rifle that shoots your pellet of choice at 800 to 900 FPS. That does not mean that the advertized velocity is 800 or 900 feet per second, but that it shoots the weight of pellet you are using at 800 or 900 FPS. It would be even better if you were to use a .25 caliber rifle that creates more FPE to take down your target.

Like ShooterJohn mentioned, turkeys are very tough, hearty birds and do not go down easily.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users