#1 Wingman115

Wingman115

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking,Backpacking,Air Gun Shooting,Woodworking<br />

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:09 PM

This video is part 3 of my chrony testing series of some of my pellet guns. I call this my Crosman 2240 Tactical. The base pellet pistol was purchased from Mac1 with their accuracy prep. I also had a 14 inch barrel installed and a steel breech. The muzzle brake is from TKO and the stock adapter is from Mellon Air. The stock is a Tippman 98 paintball stock. For optics I'm using a BSA Red Dot.

#2 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • Interests:I've got so many I couldn't list them all. :)

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:58 PM

Wingman,

I'm curious about how close your muzzle is to the front of the chrony? I can't really tell from the angle in the video.

The main reason I ask is that I've been told and have experienced it myself with my 2240 carbine, that if I'm closer than around 3 to 5 feet from the end of the muzzle to the first sensor on the chrony that the blast of Co2 messes with the velocity readings. I own an Alpha Chrony, so I don't know if that makes a difference with the sensors (I wouldn't think so) or not. Even when I shoot my PCP's over it I try to be about 2 feet from the sensor, minimum.

Anyway, any information or comments you could add to help debunk or prove this would be appreciated. Thanks. :)

#3 Wingman115

Wingman115

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking,Backpacking,Air Gun Shooting,Woodworking<br />

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:32 PM

I've gone paintballing and they put the muzzle close to the chrony. So to answer your question I'm not sure. I've shot it close and a few feet away and I had very close or the same readings. On my video I was a bit crowded as I wanted the camera to capture the action and the reading on the chrony. I will try it again soon but I can tell you it's pretty close. I've shot the airgun on other chrony's and the fps was withing 4 or 5 fps. As always thanks for checking out the video and commenting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users