• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:56 PM

Some times it's just not meant to be and you have to learn to take the omens for what they are :504: . I decided to try and get in a little reloading done for the .44 and .243 on my one day off. First off it seems someone used all my large pistol primers up and never told me :angry2: . Then, lo and behold, first pull of the handle runs the case up the die but will not pull it out. It seems SOMEBODY :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: left the .44 shell holder in and forgot to put the .243 shell holder in :doh[1]: . Time to call it a day and go have lunch with the family. What it is I can say? Count my losses before anything really bad happens and quit for the day.. Oh well, you just gotta know when to say when some times.

By the way, I am not blaming this on all the long hours at work and being out until 3:00am last night with my best friend/hunting partner I haven't seen for 2 months :rolleyes: . I am however blaming this on Frank, since it was he who got me to buying the bullets to try and up the speed a bit of my reloads and see if they shoot any better :rofl2: :harhar1[1]:

#2 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:50 PM

:yikes[1]: Yikes, Bob, while I was reading your post, I was thinking man, that sounds like something "I" would do. But hey, I'm OLD, & can't remember what I did yesterday.... having slept since then! :lol:

And while I always say, "Speed Kills", it wasn't meant to "kill" the handloader. LOL So glad you walked away from it. Things always seem to be better after taking a break & returning to it later.... I hope! :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

#3 KNOCKED UP

KNOCKED UP

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,713 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, archery,Reloading.
    Harley Davidson Motorcycles, and good people
    RETIRED

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:08 PM

Darn Frank,
You are must be a little more carefull.
At my age I have to double check everything.
Yesterday, I forgot my wifes name.
Tom

Life on earth is temporary, Choose your destiny Wisely.

#4 modoc squeek shooter

modoc squeek shooter

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, guns, and saddles,
    self appointed GURU of squeek shooting in Modoc County

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:22 PM

Tom I think that isn't good lol. I hope you just called her hey you, not some other name. Might not be healthy. Ed

#5 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:28 PM

:lol:, Yeah Frank, I have learned never to force it anymore. When two things in a row go sour I try not to tempt fate, especially since ammo is basically nothing mor than a small controlled bomb. And I had to blame you, that is the (new) American way right? Never take credit for something bad when you can always pawn it off on someone else :rolleyes:

Hey Tom, it is probably better to completely forget her name rather than call her by thr wrong name though :smiley-outta-here:

#6 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:20 AM

since ammo is basically nothing mor than a small controlled bomb

Yep, exactly, Bob... And so true on the American (Obama plan) way now days. :lol:

Tom, truer words were never spoken. I honestly do have to be more careful now days & double check everything. :doh[1]: Which reminds me... I better look at my wife's driver's license right now (double check rule). :blush:

#7 True2ThySelf

True2ThySelf

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:29 AM

Frank...while you're double checking her name on her driver's license, make sure to double check the age and subtract 20 when it's time to put the birthday candles on...that or go with 24 :D

#8 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:53 AM

LOL... Hey, True, I never thought of that, and good idea. I may have to do just that. lol :good:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users