• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:15 PM

I was looking through a Brownells catalog when I saw that they offer a special grip screw that is designed to pre load the trigger which eliminates most of the creep. I thought about it for a second and decided to try something similar and save myself $40.

I removed the grip from my gun and with the safety in the engaged position I ran a short 1/4 - 28 set screw into the grip screw hole until it bottomed out and put pressure on the safety. Then I backed out the set screw just enough to where the safety would move with no resistance. I did my trigger/disconnecter safety tests and all was well so I pulled the set screw back out and applied some loktite before reinstalling it. I added a couple extra washers under the head of the grip screw to keep it from bottoming out on the set screw, and put the grip back on.

Just like that virtually all of the creep was eliminated from my previously horrible trigger. The breaking weight is still a bit high but getting rid of all that creep and getting a clean break made it 100x better and all it cost me was a few cents at the local hardware store for a set screw and a couple washers.

Hope this helps anyone that wants to improve their trigger pull without spending the money to actually buy a new one.

AS WITH ANY MECHANICAL MODIFICATION OF A FIREARM, IT IS UP TO YOU TO DO A THOROUGH SAFETY TEST OF YOUR WEAPON IN A SAFE PLACE WHERE NOBODY WILL BE IN DANGER OF BEING HURT IN THE EVENT OF AN ACCIDENTAL DISCHARGE.
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#2 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,272 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:09 PM

there is another trigger job you can do yourself to lighten the pull by bending the trigger spring legs.The only bad thing is it will give you light strikes every once and awhile.Get another spring if you do this just in case.

http://www.sargentho...Trigger_Job.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users