• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,833 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:35 PM

Cheating on my bows. Got off a little early ran out to get this thing shooting right. Took some practice shots made some adjustments next thing I know there was over 27 dead squirrels . In two and a half hours. This stuff is realy fun Should of have gotton me one of these long ago. I could get several shots off with out scaring them . Still not used to the arc of the pellet al the way yet.A few of the fuz rats.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Going to have to take it rabbit hunting. Did I say that.The dark side is after me My bows will nev er forgive me. I need to get on in 22and a 20 caliber now.

#2 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:10 AM

Nice job tim .If you got yourself a 17hmr you would just love the the darn thing out there for those dumb ones.

#3 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,872 posts
  • Interests:I've got so many I couldn't list them all. :)

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:45 AM

Great job shooting on those squeeks! :good: 27 in 2 1/2 hours or so is great! If you really want to venture to the "Dark Side", get yourself a PCP air rifle, like the Benjamin Discovery (in airgunning most guys refer to those of us who own and shoot PCP air rifles as being part of the "Dark Side" of air gunning). No recoil, accurate, maybe just a bit loud (like a rimfire) and you'll get about 20 shots per fill.

If you really want to know about the trajectory of your pellets, I would recommend going to Hawke Sport Optics website and downloading their ChairGunPro app for your computer (if you have a smart phone you can also download it from iTunes or Android for free too). What the app does is helps you to understand the trajectory of the pellet through your scope and where on the mil-dots you should be aiming.

To use the app you input the height of the scope from the center of the barrel to the center of the scope and pick the pellet type/brand from a list in the app. The app then takes that and provides the ballistic coeficient, weight, etc for that particular pellet. Then you enter the distance/yardage that you plan to zero the scope at and the speed that the pellet on average shoots out of your air rifle and it will show you the trajectory of the pellet. This also helps you to see if your zero point should be moved in closer or further out to allow for the optimal trajectory to keep the pellet in the 1" kill zone for the longest distance.

It may all sound a bit confusing, but once you download the app and mess with it, you will see what I am talking about. Getting a mildot scope will help too with holdover/holdunder and finding those points easier. Having a chronograph will also help to be more accurate because it will tell you how fast the pellet you are shooting out of your gun is traveling and give you a high, low, average, extreme spread and standard deviation for a shot string. If you don't own one, but know someone who owns a chronograph, I would highly recommend shooting over it to know how your gun is shooting your pellet of choice. It will help you to be way more accurate with your air gun.

Well, I've thrown enough information out there. Have a great time with that air rifle, they are a real blast to use. :)

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,660 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:03 AM

Nice work there Thump! Nothing like shooting an airgun to take you back to being a kid. I love shooting them even though they are so much more accurate than what I had growing up.

#5 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:48 PM

He won't get one he is to in love with his bow.... :wub: :archer-green:

#6 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,833 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:15 PM

The money I spend on arrows in a year I could get a real good air gun. But There is something about watching an arrow hitting the mark.

#7 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:49 PM

The next time you take your bow out the string is gonna slap the inside of your forearm extra hard for cheating on her. 27 of them? How can you shoot the cute, fuzzy, harmless, innocent little critters :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users