#1 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:41 AM

Was out yesterday just in the morning...young squirrels everywhere in the Lake Morena area.One boulder I picked off 4 young squirrels at 60 yards with the Mrod .25 cal....!!

With the pistol I got one squirrel at 27 yards shooting JSB RS 13.4 gr at 570 FPS....pistol is loud and I must rig up a holster for next hunt....I use the pistol when moving from spot to spot...very handy for short range when spooking squirrels...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,663 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:46 AM

Fun stuff Rich! :good:

#3 STPilot

STPilot

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:Flying, Jet Ski's, Photography... Oh and Shootin' Stuff!!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:07 AM

Nice!! :)

#4 modoc squeek shooter

modoc squeek shooter

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, guns, and saddles,
    self appointed GURU of squeek shooting in Modoc County

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:41 AM

Way to go! Good pictures. Think air guns would work up here for the pups when they come out. I have shot them 10 ft from my bench with a 22lr.

#5 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:43 AM

That .25 knocks them silly. JSBs or Predators? The Predator impacts are darn right loud. JSBs arent exactly quiet.

#6 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:27 AM

Air pistols are great for short range work...in fact,I often use the RWS Super H Points under 30 yards.

I use JSB Kings in the Mrod .25 cal.....tests I did using predators (.177/.22) did not work as well as the domes at 50 yards +......so have not bothered to use the .25 cal predators..

#7 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:55 AM

I have found only the .25 Predators shoot well in any of my guns (I even changed the barrel on my Stubby AF gun from .22 to .25 to shoot them). Not quite as well as the JSBs but more than good enough for hunting to long range. JSB domes are hard to beat for tip top accuracy and domes in general tend to fare well with the diablo design in choked barrels but I still love that loud whack the Predators deliver and they do seem a little more effective.

There is something different about the .22 caliber Predators that make them less stable than the .25 Predators in my two AF guns where I can switch out the Lothar Walther barrels - like maybe length wise pellet CG?? I know some have captured the problem with .22 Predators on slow motion video. On the other hand the .25s tend to stay stable a long way in all of my guns with the .25 barrels installed. I have shot many sparrows on a dead tree that is exactly 75 yards from my bench rest with my Stubby AF gun and a 12" .25 LW barrel installed using Predators. It groups very well at 75 yards although a little worse than the JSB Kings but they are within 1/2" difference at 75 yards about at an 1.25" group. WIth the .22 barrel the Predators are all over the place at 75 yards and shoot around a 3-5" group. I get similar results with the AF Condor and .22 and .25 caliber 24" barrels. I wasted countless hours about a year ago testing this and even tried changing the velocity thinking maybe the Predators were going too fast in .22 but nothing helped. My .25 MRod also shoots the Predators pretty well but I have only tested it out to 50 yards. Now all of my PCPs are .25 caliber except my PRod and I only shoot the JSB Exact Jumbo Express in it now.

#8 KNOCKED UP

KNOCKED UP

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,914 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, archery,Reloading.
    Harley Davidson Motorcycles, and good people
    RETIRED

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:18 AM

Way to go Crazy horse.
Tom

#9 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,872 posts
  • Interests:I've got so many I couldn't list them all. :)

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:29 PM

:smiley_kewlpics:

Awesome job picking off those small targets. I know that .25 M-Rod knocked them out stone cold dead. Those shots with your air pistol are impressive too. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users