• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Hotchkiss

Hotchkiss

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:Outdoor activity. Diving. Fishing, Hiking, Hunting and Camping.

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:15 AM

Went out again yesterday to friend's farm to pick some oranges for family and stay for couple of hours to get some squirrels for her. While walk around the trail right on the corner and saw something moving. It came up to be a big coyote jump out between the orange tree. It run so fast that I only got a chance to shot it once and got its back. It fall to the ground and jump right up and took off . Does this going to hurt it? Wish I had my shotgun with me.

Got total of 5 squirrels in 2 hours today. This is where the big squirrel family hiding
Posted Image
The one that almost got away but couldn't out run the 14.3 gr dome pallet.
Posted Image
The rifle and the squirrel.
Posted Image

Gonna go back early next Saturday to see it I can find more early in the morning.

Ken

#2 modoc squeek shooter

modoc squeek shooter

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,775 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, guns, and saddles,
    self appointed GURU of squeek shooting in Modoc County

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:31 AM

Good pictures. About the coyote, not knowing anything about airguns, I would say if you knocked it down it probably will be damn sore if it don't die. Ed

#3 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,872 posts
  • Interests:I've got so many I couldn't list them all. :)

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:15 AM

Nice pics and shooting of the squirrels.

Concerning the coyote. I never use any of my .22 caliber air guns for that. They are just not powerful enough unless you are at 10 yards or less and can hit the yote right in the brain. Otherwise, I wouldn't take the shot. If I was using my .25 caliber Eun Jin Sumatra 2500, I would try if I was withing 40 to 50 yards, but once again, I would have to be sure I could hit it in the head. By shooting it in the back, you probably poked a hole in it and it will be injured, but most likely will not die (at least not from trauma, perhaps from lead poisoning ;) ). Perhaps it will not come back now.

#4 STPilot

STPilot

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:Flying, Jet Ski's, Photography... Oh and Shootin' Stuff!!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:26 PM

Good shooting! Nice looking Rat!

#5 Hotchkiss

Hotchkiss

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:Outdoor activity. Diving. Fishing, Hiking, Hunting and Camping.

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:53 PM

ARH. It was too close and I wasn't prepare to meet a coyote during the bright day light until I saw it. It was like 30 feets between me and the yote when I saw it and probably 50 feets away when I shot it on the back . ( I was aim it on the head lol) I guess I was too excited and blood pump up to tell me just shoot it. This is the first time I attempt to shoot a coyote with air gun and I wasn't sure what to do. I didn't see much rabbit today guess it was too late or we were picking the oranges earlier to scare them away but I am holding on and going to wait until July 1st to get them.

Ken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users