Photo

101-Year-Old Wwii Navy Man Competes With Air Rifle At Veteran Games!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:16 PM

101-year-old WWII Navy man credits clean living as he goes for gold at veteran games in St. Louis

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c...s#ixzz1wODwqI2Z

#2 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:I've got so many I couldn't list them all. :)

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:05 PM

Good for him! I hope he does well. At 101 that's incredible. :good:

It looked like he was shooting either a Ruger Blackhawk or an RWS Panther .177 (I could be wrong though). I hope I'm still around to reach 101 and be able to shoot an air rifle. That would give me at least another 57 years of shooting an air gun. :)

#3 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,807 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:50 PM

There is a pistol range just north of me that I shoot in the ICORE and IDPA competitions. we have a fellow who shoots at all the matches and he is 91. I'm in awe when he is out there. naturally he isn't one of the top shooters as he is slow moving and his eye sight isn't all that good any more. but he holds his own. Great guy too! He iwll we shooting in the IRC thhis coming weekend in Morro Bay. That is the International Revolver Championship match. The winner of that match for the last 19 year running has been Jerry Miculek. He is an amazing shooter. If he wins this year it will be the first time anyone has ever one any kind of major championship 20 years on a row. I'll be there and I plan on watching him shoot some. Maybe I can pick up a pointer or two. Sure hope so. The match will be June 1-3 at the range by Morrow Bay. If you have an opportuntity it would be a fun thing to go watch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users