11 replies to this topic

#1 jessedlc

jessedlc

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:13 PM

To all who replied to my jackrabbit post thank you! Anyway have not been able to get back out there. Well today I let my son ditch school and hang out with the old man, we killed it at lake cachuma this morning from 730 to 1000 am, he had a blast but unfortunately has to tell a little fib tomorrow at school.

Attached Files

#2 Rob

Rob

The Varmint Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:34 PM

Sounds like a "mental health day" to me. :roflmao3[1]:

#3 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:52 PM

You might say "bad" dad, but judging from that smile, I would have to say "good" dad :roflmao3[1]: .

#4 seebass

seebass

Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting, Arm Wrestling, Camping and Cooking

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:59 PM

Bad A$$ Dad if you ask me! Great job dude!

#5 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:27 PM

You're so bad, you're good...Yeah, the kid didn't look well at all, but amazing that a stringer of fish snapped him right out of it. LOL :roflmao3[1]:

#6 1shot_1kill

1shot_1kill

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:05 AM

Nice, He could just tell them at school that he was SICK OF SCHOOL :roflmao3[1]: That is one dam nice stringer, good eating right there..

#7 KNOCKED UP

KNOCKED UP

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,791 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, archery,Reloading.
    Harley Davidson Motorcycles, and good people
    RETIRED

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:51 AM

Wow,You are a GOOD dad.I remember my father taking me out of school when I was a kid,to take me to Lake Cachuma camping for the long weekend. We spent a lot of time there when I was growing up,and I still have some very fond memories of spending time with dad. I am sure your son will have the same good memories. (Good dad)Tom

Life on earth is temporary, Choose your destiny Wisely.

#8 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,912 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:01 AM

Right way to raise a kid. Way to go.
Raith Heryford's Guide Service  Salmon, Trout & Steel Head | Striper, Sturgeon & Shad | Duck & Goose HuntingYuba /Sutter Northern CaliforniaCALL 530-870-2697 or emailQuit blowing on the Fur and get to the Hide.

#9 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,774 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:53 AM

Good stringer of smallies and blacks. You and your son had fishing pox. You was thinking about the other kids and the teachers health. :good:
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#10 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,798 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:26 AM

Just to be unpopular, be careful by yanking your kid out of school like that. It could train them to believe they can do that most anytime. If you'r working, you sure don't want to be doing that. I fired more than one guy for not coming to work. Even for being tardy on anykind of frequent basis. Yep, I thingk you got it right, Bad DAd. teaching the wrong attitude. Good for you for taking the boy fishing, but school and he job must come first. As long as he still understands that.
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#11 KNOCKED UP

KNOCKED UP

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,791 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, archery,Reloading.
    Harley Davidson Motorcycles, and good people
    RETIRED

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:55 AM

You are absolutly corect Braz,I have been known to play Hookie a few times,but only on wednesdays, because dfg planted Jalama creek, just outside of Lompoc, on tuesdays.Ok, maby a few times when the surf was up.Tom

Life on earth is temporary, Choose your destiny Wisely.

#12 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:52 PM

Just to be unpopular, be careful by yanking your kid out of school like that. It could train them to believe they can do that most anytime. If you'r working, you sure don't want to be doing that. I fired more than one guy for not coming to work. Even for being tardy on anykind of frequent basis. Yep, I thingk you got it right, Bad DAd. teaching the wrong attitude. Good for you for taking the boy fishing, but school and he job must come first. As long as he still understands that.

I can see your concern, if it were done on a regular basis. Every now and then my father and stepfather would go into cahoots and surprise us with a fishing trip to the local canyon with my brother and myself, and I'll tell you, when we think back to the good times those memories are in there. And I will also add that you will not find two guys that miss less work than my brother and I. Plus, for all we know, the day in question might have been a slow period where the company asked for volunteers to stay or go home. My old partner and I would do this constantly since we worked right next to the ocean. He could have also used a vacation day, who are we to prejudge? Anybody that spends time with his kids like that can't be too bad. And I am sorry, but to say that taking your kids fishing will teach them bad habits (even at work) is just as bad as saying that shooting at silhouettes will teach your kids to shoot people. Not so! If they don't already know the difference, it is already too late, and spending some quality family time together for a day is not going to have an adverse effect one way or the other. Besides, fishing is a great way to teach them about some of those work ethics you were talking about, like patience, finesse, and humility when you get skunked. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users