Photo

My Grandad's Old Reloading Room Has Been Around For Years!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 dabob

dabob

Bob Morris Foxpro Field Staff

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts
  • Interests:Shooting Sporting Clays, Trap and Skeet, Hunting and Fishing

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:20 PM

I went out to my reloading room yesterday to reload some more 12 ga target loads. When I opened the door to walk in one of my granddad's old girl friends had fallen off the wall.Posted ImageShe had been on the wall in the reloading room for almost 50 years.Posted ImageThis is what the backside of my granddad's girl friend looks like.Posted ImageThis is my reloading room now. It was my granddad's. I can remember my dad and my uncles reloading rifles shells in this little building back in the late 1950s and early 1960s. My cousins and I would peek through the window on the left hand side when no adults were around to look at the old women that my granddad hand tacked on the walls. My granddad had a man cave when nobody knew what a man cave was.Yesterday and today I ended up reloading 7 flats of target loads. Six flats of 7/8 oz of 8s in Federal Gold Medal hulls and one flat of 1 oz loads in Rem Nitro Gold hulls.Posted ImageThe above picture are some of the Rem Gold Nitro 1 oz loads and the Down Range Neon Wads.Posted ImageIn the above picture you can see two of the shells I reloaded today. I don't know why the shells were not in focus.The old lady in the background is the reason why my cousins and I were peeking through the window back in the 1950s.I would guess the lady in that picture would be around 77 to 82 years old right now.I think my grandad might of spilled beer on that old picture. :signlol2iu:

#2 seebass

seebass

Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting, Arm Wrestling, Camping and Cooking

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:34 PM

My wife just caught me and asked, what's up with the big smile? Awesome post! Thanks for sharing,

#3 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:24 PM

Your grandpa had taste :carnage: . Judging by the back side of the first one, I would have to say she "had his number" :signlol2iu: . When my brother bought his trailer in Inyo a few years ago, one of the conditions was that he also got the old shed of my grandad's that was still there in the park. They always referred to it as "The Old Men's Club". It too was where all the reloading was done after he moved up there. Glad to see someone else also had fond similar memories. Bet you smile every time you go in there.I wish my brother was able to find the bench that was out in front of the shed also. It faced the sun and was where all the old guys would have their early morning coffee and wait for the sun to come up and warm them, thus it was aptly named "The Lizard Bench" since they all looked like lizards on a rock waiting to warm themselves :good: .

#4 Fjold

Fjold

Traveling hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,816 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, hunting and fishing.

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:21 PM

That is to cool!

#5 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,106 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:25 AM

Thanks for sharing those pics Bob!

#6 KNOCKED UP

KNOCKED UP

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,914 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, archery,Reloading.
    Harley Davidson Motorcycles, and good people
    RETIRED

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:17 AM

Absolutly kool!!Tom

#7 Rob

Rob

The Varmint Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:05 PM

Yes this was a time young fellas were learning from thier Grandfathers ... how did they exist without texting and video gaming? The message regarding the calendar gals got through loud and clear...humm even without texting.

#8 mtn dog

mtn dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting.
    Other interests:
    My family, writing, photography, 2nd Amendment.
    Looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible.

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:48 PM

And people wonder why we get so fired up defending our hunting and 2nd Amendment heritage! This is what it's all about.Thanks for reminding us that we owe our ancestors for all their gifts.

#9 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:09 AM

Great post....... :roflmao3[1]: cool place your grandfather had and the tradition continues. Well I hope not all of it that would be hard to explain with fresh sign on it. :roflmao3[1]:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users