• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:50 PM

Had the chance to take the nephew out again today. Spent over half the day running around back roads having a blast, looking for coyote sign, and watching quail fly all over with another member on here before finally feeding the kid "lunch" at 5:00pm, at which point he was tired and not sure if he still wanted to shoot :two-cents: . Are we still related?! But after lunch/dinner he was recharged and ready to shoot. And boy howdy did he shoot!!! After seeing him shoot, there is no way anyone would believe he has been shooting a shotgun for less than nine months :ph34r: . I didn't think it possible but he is still getting better with every trip. :) , it's embarrassing be out shot by a 12 year old :angry2: . For about half a second :lol: . I had fixed a friend of the family's broken firing pin Friday along with some tweaking/shimming/machine work on the kid's old 20ga O/U that we started calling the ice cream gun after one of the old ice creams, the 50/50 Bar. It worked about 50% of the time :rofl2: . Well they both shot just as flawless as the kid. One of these days I will have to try to video him, he is quick and accurate! Throwing as hard as I can with an extended hand thrower he is on them and breaking them within 25-30 yards, and that's with his back turned and the gun cradled! And with any gun I put in his hands. I hate him! And if that wasn't bad enough, for the next couple hours, every time we shot, the quail that we chased away on the way to our shooting spot would call again. That's just wrong :1019: .I would have to say again, getting him out there with us last year was probably the best thing to happen to both of us, ever. Every day all we can think about is the next bird season now. Sorry you had to leave Mike, you missed some fun shooting, but still had a great time. Hope you enjoyed it also. Now, lets see, how many days left until dove opener............. :rofl2:

#2 MackMan

MackMan

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:52 AM

Hey BisleyHad a blast with you guys today gave me a lot to think about. After I got home I kind of passed out for a while, boy was I tired. Then after a little relaxation I was hitting up my maps and google earth looking at all the places we went to. I wish I had a better off road vehicle those places were awesome. I am definately going to revisit those areas and see how well my P/U does out there.Talk to you some more later !!

#3 KNOCKED UP

KNOCKED UP

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, archery,Reloading.
    Harley Davidson Motorcycles, and good people
    RETIRED

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:20 AM

Good for you Bob.I can understand how proud you are. My 19 year old grandson in a natural shooter, and he has been shooting ever sence I can remember. Infact he wants me to take him to the range next week.Tom

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,674 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:46 AM

It's great to see a couple of members here getting together to explore and hunt some. I know your nephew enjoyed himself. This is the reason I keep the doors open here at the site. Always hoping members can get together to keep hunting alive in our state. Way to go guys glad you had fun. :)

#5 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:33 AM

Hey, Bob, I see you are l e a r n i n g that we cannot beat a 12 year old at their game. :signlol2iu: It really is embarassing (& irritating), isn't it? LOLAnyway, glad to hear you & your nephew getting out again, & that everyone had a great time. Always do (have fun), right?! Good job :good:

#6 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:50 AM

Right on! I can't wait until my nephew is old enough to start shooting. I have a little side by side Stevens 20 ga. for him. Hopefully he will enjoy it as much as I did when it was given to me as my first gun.

#7 dangerranger

dangerranger

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Interests:I am a shooter first and then a hunter. I shoot competitively, most recently in the American Single Shot Association. I have also shot Cowboy action, Silhoettes,etc.. I like to build guns as a hobby.

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:15 AM

Ive had my ass handed to me more than once by a 12 year old, a couple of times by a 12 yr old girl. A friends daughter can shoot anything I hand her, And shoot it well! Just rember You tought him to do that! DR

#8 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:00 PM

Thanks guys, yes it was fun. I even enjoy rediscovering places I haven't been to in a while. We'll have to try and your kid out there too MackMan. I have also come to realize that women and children shoot much better than us guys, even though I will never admit to either of them. I am all but certain it is because they don't tend to overthink things like we tend to do. They just point and shoot, like you are supposed to. Wish I could learn to be that simple.I can't wait to hear the stories from all you guys with kids that are just waiting for them to be big enough to go out. Doing it is an absolute blast, but I even Love hearing about it. Hang in there guys, it is totally worth the wait :signlol2iu: .And thanks to SJ again for making it possible for us to meet new people and do things like we did yesterday.

#9 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:22 AM

It's fun talking kids hunting and fishing.On my last fishing trip I put my caller in the weeds and when we were walking back to the truck at night i played hog in distress and the kid beat us to the truck..we laughed our ass off over that one.

#10 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:48 PM

:smiley-funny-post-sign: I gotta remember that one! It's kind of like a rite of passage being messed with by the adults. I will still never forget my first "snipe" hunt :lol: .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users