2 replies to this topic

#1 asquirrelsworstenemy

asquirrelsworstenemy

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:05 PM

I picked up a really nice, clean Mosin from Big 5 the other day. All matching numbers, stamps are all still visible and clean, and the wood is near perfect. Brought it home and cleaned it up, but the bolt is real tight. If it just keep opening and closing the action it doesnt stay tight, but if I close the bolt and pull the trigger and open the bolt, it's almost like its sticking or not lubed up enough. Any ideas as to what it could be? Thanks and happy hunting!

#2 whatjeffhunts

whatjeffhunts

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:51 PM

Could be excessive cosmoline which didnt get cleaned out.

#3 dangerranger

dangerranger

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Interests:I am a shooter first and then a hunter. I shoot competitively, most recently in the American Single Shot Association. I have also shot Cowboy action, Silhoettes,etc.. I like to build guns as a hobby.

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:07 PM

, but if I close the bolt and pull the trigger and open the bolt, it's almost like its sticking or not lubed up enough.

Are you shure that you are not mistaking the mussel needed to cock the action for sticking and not enough lube? The Russians used extra heavy springs to overcome any number of possible problems from frezzing weather to less than perfect machining. DR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users