• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 novaman64

novaman64

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Interests:motorcycles, shooting, hunting, muscle cars, snow skiing, wakeboarding, barefooting, camping, horses, livestock

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:13 PM

Anybody handled the new Smith and Wesson M&P Shield? I heard they have them at Sac Black Rifle. Looking for a CCW gun, and was looking at something small, like a Bodyguard 380, then this came out...I already have their standard M&P so familiar with where all the controls are, field stripping, and how the general M&P line feels. Other thing that made it attractive, is that is available in 40, which would make it a nice light sidearm for hunting too.....

#2 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:41 AM

I dont know much about the Shield but I know a few guys really disappointed in the Bodyguard. It seems like they have had persistent problems that are not being addressed by S&W. One guy has had his back to S&W three times. I dont know all of the issues but I have seen this discussed on other forums.

I'm an airgunholic

#3 novaman64

novaman64

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Interests:motorcycles, shooting, hunting, muscle cars, snow skiing, wakeboarding, barefooting, camping, horses, livestock

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:52 AM

Do you know if that's the Bodyguard 38 (revolver) or 380 (semi)? The 380 isnt Cali approved, so to get one you would need to do a person to person sales/transfer. I have a few friends in law enforcement and all of them are raving about how great the 380 is...

#4 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:02 AM

The 380.

I'm an airgunholic

#5 homemade

homemade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:39 PM

the shield feels great and shoots great and you can get the 380 LCP without doing a person to person just do a single shot excemption.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users